Honda Prelude Online banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I have a viper alarm kit on my 5th gen. Came with the car when I bought it. Anyways my question is if anyone knows how to change the wiring so that it unlocks both doors instead of just the driver. Its been bothering me since I got it as I click the alarm and my passengers always think the door is unlocked. Not sure what the model of it is but I can find out if someone needs to know and can tell me how. Thanks in advance to any help you can give...

Edit:

as a second thought...anyway to increase the range of my remotes...even with new batteries they dont seem to go much farther than a few feet from the car...

·
Retired, sorta
4,968 Posts
does the passanger door unlock if u click it twice

personally i dont like the fact that it unlocks both doors on my damn car.. i liked it when it unlocked 1, then two.

if it's simply only unlocking 1, u can just find the wires that are going into the locking mechanism, and just split it and route it to the passanger side

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I tried the double click thing and it just unlocks then locks...so that was no good...I thought of the spliting thing too but does anyone know which wires to split and where to...i dont want to guess so if anyone knows or has a diagram of some sort that would be great...

·
Retired, sorta
4,968 Posts
well the obvious would be to consult the alarm manual, which you can definately find online as long as you know the model number, that will tell you the colors of the wires, and just follow em to see where they lead and just duplicate it on the other side

1 - 4 of 4 Posts