Honda Prelude Online banner

1 - 20 of 60 Posts

·
Registered
2,152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Cliff notes: If you just want to watch the vid just click the links and skip the story! :thumbup: Download windows media player 9 (latest one) from microsoft

Well after posting loss after loss I decided to go out with a guy in a T/A from the meet to see what was up with the GT's hanging around. Everyone here knows im all about racing for fun and as safe as possible but these guys were fresh off MTV. They would not list their mods. They kept refering to their done up cars as completely stock and would only race for money :rolleyes:

They turned down the ls1 at first but then the guy in the black GT challenged my prelude. I told him I was boosting 6psi and what I had done and he kinda laughed. This was a big mexican guy so even tho i had an extra passenger and full interior w/ sub i think we were 1 on 1 :D He wanted to go from a stop but I told him only if he does a roll too since I have no tires whatsoever and he agreed and lowered his DR pressure... anyways just watch the vid and enjoy!

LC vs 99+ GT's/Saleen 281
http://home.attbi.com/~smokinodum/lcvsstangs.wmv

Alrighty on to the imports...I met two really cool guys at the meet also one with a bone stock Lancer EVO and the other with a WRX that was made to look like an STI as much as possible. He was significantly modded with a larger turbo and all the goodies that go with it. He put down 276 to all the wheels. I saw him launch that thing, utterly insane.

LC vs EVO 8 and WRX
http://home.attbi.com/~preludelc/vids/evowrxlc.wmv

This race is VERY short but i'm putting it here because dammit you will see me beat at least one ls1 on video before my car explodes! this was 60-100 maybe before he let off. From what i could tell it was a stock firehawk a4 or it would of put up more of a fight.

LC vs stock LS1 firehawk A4
http://home.attbi.com/~preludelc2/firehawk.wmv

and just for kicks if you're bored heres some 300zx's n/a with bolt ons that were racing each other. I just liked his launch so i posted it. They were funny when we got back to the meet they wre talking about the race and one guy goes, wtf was up with that prelude?!? then i told him it was me :p
http://home.attbi.com/~preludelc2/two300zx.wmv

·
pretending to drive...
466 Posts
The guys in the 300ZXs must've been like WTF when somebody passed them from behind when they were racing:laugh: :laugh:

·
Registered
2,177 Posts
Gawd i love watching ur vids. I say we donate some $$ to LC for all these badass racing vids he gives us:bigthumb:
i bet beating that mexican jumping bean made ur night.

·
Registered
2,152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
haha damn lewis thats funny :) and true!

GT's :low 13s @ 105ish, he did almost as well as the ls1 a4 i raced (not on video camera dead) got beat by a carlength but that was after all the GT runs with heatsoak. you saw the diff from before and after the night how much my car slows down after that many runs

EVO: low 13 sec car @100ish its all about the launch

WRX low low 12 sec car at around 107-109 he would get an awesome time and trap from a stop.

300zx, high 14s at best probably

firehawk, it was an auto so probably [email protected] but ls1s vary a lot. so you never know. its basically a bolt on trans am (the firehawk) with lid, tires etc...

·
Boost Withdrawl... :(
6,152 Posts
haha i like how he beat up on the stangs and just blew by the zx's...hehe

·
Banned
267 Posts
if thats who i think it is, that silver wrx is awdball a.k.a jeff from nasioc
was this at a circuit city plano meet? he said he goes there sometimes? sti v.2 lip, sti replica CF wing, vf35 turbo, fmic, sti injectors, alot of other stuff

·
Registered
250 Posts
awesome vids! The last one w/ the Zs were funny :laugh:

thanks for the vids

·
Banned
267 Posts
yea must be, its exactly like his car. I remember when I talked to him up at ennis, he missed shifts on most of his runs. It must be the short shifter, I think he has the factory option shortshifter. I know when I test drove a wrx, it had it and it was a bit tricky to get into 2nd gear, i missed it more than a few times too :/

·
Premium Member
896 Posts
great vids...just wondering...i don't raelly ever street race, but were you down shifting to get started on those roll ons? if not, what gear were u in? the runs from dead stop, what rpm were u launching at?

·
Registered
722 Posts
Ahh, I do miss the sound of the supercharger. [email protected] Guy everytime I check the board you have new vids up...:eek: Nice races your care is definitely a low 13 maybe better. This winter you should try to get some slicks and and hunt for 12's.

I can't wait to get some races on film. It's been over 2 months since I took the JRSC off and now I finally have a car with some power behind it (Again). Oh, well I've got 700 miles to go before I can open it up.

·
Registered
2,152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
the wrx is made to look as much like an sti as possible, it does look neat. it puts down a lot more than a stock STI tho :)

the evo's are quick low 13 sec cars from a stop but they trap a smidge over a 100mph. I obviously do not :p

1 - 20 of 60 Posts