Honda Prelude Online banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
yes, it's an ss
791 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
whats everyones opinion on velox rims? quality? 16.7 lbs for 17's is pretty light. does anyone have velox?

i was thinking about getting these...

·
Premium Member
1,813 Posts
i almost bought this VX6R earlier, if you can find them cheap, yeah, light weight, 16.5lbs for 17", but i don't know how strong they are

·
Premium Member
402 Posts
Those are the rims im going to buy in a month or so. I luv the look:bigthumb:

·
yes, it's an ss
791 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
well i just found out that these rims only come in a 42 offset. these arent the pg series though, so theyre not forged. and i can get them for like 580 shipped. should i go ahead and get them despite the low offset?

·
Just say NO to euro-rice
2,926 Posts
there's a velox rim that looks ok-> great depending on your tastes+preferences that wiehgs 5.5kg (roughly 11lbs) in 17". look for it.

·
Premium Member
4,089 Posts
FiLLuP said:
well i just found out that these rims only come in a 42 offset. these arent the pg series though, so theyre not forged. and i can get them for like 580 shipped. should i go ahead and get them despite the low offset?
if they're 17's, then you shouldn't have a problem....just get smaller tires if you're still worried bout it. I've got +40 offset on my 18's....an you can roll w/o rubbing...you just gotta ride higher :( if you had 17's w/ a smaller profile tire w/ a higher offset than me (yours is +42) then you should be fine :D

·
Registered
148 Posts
I was actually kind of waiting for the VX-6R's as well. Put my name on a waiting list with velox and everything. They were supposed to contact me when they were released... :nono: on velox for their customer service.

If you like them go ahead and get them (so I can see what they look like on a lude :D ). I saw some pics of them on a sentra somewhere and they didnt look the same as they do in their press shot photo so now I am kind of iffy on them.

From what I've heard, 17" w/ 42 offset and 215/40/17 tires, should be just fine. I know of at least one person personally who is running 17" w/ 40 offset and he has no rubbing.

Let us know what you decide to do.

·
yes, it's an ss
791 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
yep, just ordered them. it was only $505 off ebay for all four (gunmetal/polished lip), they have a whole bunch of feedback, so i wasnt worried. well now i need tires and some locking lugs. any suggestions on lugs? will i need hubcentric rings with these?

·
Registered
148 Posts

This is one of the images I saw. To me, it just does not look like the same wheel in the straight on pic / press shot photo.

The guy specifically states that he got the VX-6Rs put on..you can view the rest of the page here

·
Registered
148 Posts
FillUp -

Please post images as soon as you get them, I will be very interested to see what they look like with a good pic from different angles...thanks.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts