Honda Prelude Online banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
602 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
gimmie some facts on this, im all confussed...? so if any one knows help us all out.

·
Registered
327 Posts
They're a waste. But I still have one

Daniel

grnlude97

·
Registered
4,889 Posts
BAD, very BAD. The old one says that they will make the preludes burn more oil due to Hondas engine design. Dont ask me how, but i remember him saying this in one of his archives.

------------------

99 Pearlwhite Sportshift
15.45 @ 92.37

·
Registered
800 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by DYI01:
BAD, very BAD. The old one says that they will make the preludes burn more oil due to Hondas engine design. Dont ask me how, but i remember him saying this in one of his archives.

</font>

No he didn't he said that engines with sash cuts on the valve cover tube in the intake would be adversely effected by this mod. This is because the sach cut provides positive pressure to the crank case for these engines. On the H series motors the intakes do not have this cut because the PCV valve and system provide the suction needed to keep the pressure in the crank case.

Gabe

------------------
97 Prelude
see it here:Hondaprelude.com

·
Registered
4,190 Posts
its too late for me to comprehend this statement. i'll look in the morning

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Gabe:

No he didn't he said that engines with sash cuts on the valve cover tube in the intake would be adversely effected by this mod. This is because the sach cut provides positive pressure to the crank case for these engines. On the H series motors the intakes do not have this cut because the PCV valve and system provide the suction needed to keep the pressure in the crank case.

Gabe

</font>

·
Registered
800 Posts
The article is here (or at least one of them is)
http://www.theoldone.com/archive/pcv-breather.htm

Notice where he says:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Honda didn't design the slash tube and place it on the inside radius of the intake tube just ahead of the throttle body for nothing.</font>
The H series motors do not have this in the intake tube.

Gabe

------------------
97 Prelude
see it here:Hondaprelude.com

·
Premium Member
3,030 Posts
Gabe:

NO Honda/Acura has it from the factory I believe. I've worked on a 5g Civic EX, and a 3g Acura Integra GSR and my own Lude and none of them have had this. TOO adds the slash cut to increase pressure due to the catch can I believe. However, in any case adding a valve cover breather isn't the best idea. Spend your money and get the catch can instead (yea, a little more).

~Doug

1 - 8 of 8 Posts