Honda Prelude Online banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, so I just got off the phone with one of the local Honda dealers, and I asked how much it would be for a valve adjustment. They asked me if I hear any kind of tapping sound under the hood and I told em no, then they told me that I probably don't need an adjustment because they started putting solid valve lifters on after the 94 models....what's up with this? I'm right around 90k and have been keeping up with maintenance so I was just wondering what your opinions were. Then I asked about getting my tranny fluid flushed and they told me that Honda doesn't recommend full flushes so they only drain and replace the fluid. :confused:

·
Registered
2,673 Posts
If you have never had it done in 90k miles, I would probably have it done because your engine will be smoother and run better. It's never absolutely necessary, just a good idea. If you hear tapping, then you should get it done anyway, but even if it's quiet, 90k is a long time to go without one.

·
Boost Withdrawl... :(
6,152 Posts
well i have 36K and i dont hear no tap and i never went for the valve adjustment??? am i ok?

·
Mark it Zero!
250 Posts
i was gonna get the same thing done, a valve adjustment and tranny flush
i got told a $110 for flush
whatd they tell u for the adjustment though?
ive read on here that to do the adjustment correctly that the motor has to be completely cooled down; preferably sit overnight

·
Premium Member
3,908 Posts
Cameron said:
i was gonna get the same thing done, a valve adjustment and tranny flush
i got told a $110 for flush
whatd they tell u for the adjustment though?
ive read on here that to do the adjustment correctly that the motor has to be completely cooled down; preferably sit overnight
that is the best/only way I would do it. I think I might atleast check my valves sometime soon, but I haven't ever got around to it.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well, called up another shop and they told me the exact same thing...think I'm just gonna wait till I hit 100k ;)

·
Registered
414 Posts
you should definitly do it, you WILL notice the difference. It's like changing the oil, it's part of mantanance.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts