Honda Prelude Online banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok i took my car in today n did my valve adjustment, took freaken 6 hrs!! how come i feel a loss of power?? its not a whole lot but i can definitely feel the difference. did they do the settings wrong? its a jdm h22 about 70k miles on it, i call them n they said jus drive it for a few days... the good thing is the engine is much quieter n smoother n my rpm is lower a little. can someone tell me what setting it should be on the jdm h22 so i can bring it back to fix it, thanks

·
Registered
3,285 Posts
.006-.007 intake
.007-.008 exhaust

Those are stock settings for H22. Some people go .001 lower than that to quiet them down. Personally, I have noticed more wear on the assemblies doing that.

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
what would be the problem for having loss of power on my engine?? is it too tight ? i wanna bring it back n have something to say when they fixing it. and by adjusting is a little lower than stock, whats the neg/pos effect?

·
Registered
777 Posts
if you tighten it too much you will lose compression, hence slight loss of power, maybe thats your problem, what settings did you use?

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i dunno all i did was bring it in to a shop, i have no idea what they did. ima bring it back tomorrow let them take a look at it again, thanks for the help guys

·
Registered
381 Posts
It might just be your imagination that you are losing power. Maybe you were expecting a jump in power and when it didn't materialize it seemed like it lost power.

Adjusting the vavles should not net any real gain or loss in power unless they are way out of whack. Also, adjusting them too tight will not cause a loss of compression. If they were tightend to much then it would hold the valve open and you would burn a valve and then it would have a REAL loss in power.

I'd see if they set the timing on something out of whack while they were playing with it.

·
Boost Withdrawl... :(
6,152 Posts
did you take it into Honda???

·
Registered
2,673 Posts
Everytime I got my car back from the dealer after having the valves adjusted, it always felt low on power, especially in VTEC. I guess it's normal. The engine felt smoother, but weak. Anyway, it always seemed to wear off after a few days of redlining. :D

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
update : LOL those idiots forgot to plug back the vtec wire, i dont kno why they had to take it out tho, anyways yea its running fine now, really smooth.. for the price of 50 bucks not too bad. thanks for the help guys

·
Nuke'em til they glow!
1,740 Posts
prelude555 said:
ok i took my car in today n did my valve adjustment, took freaken 6 hrs!! how come i feel a loss of power?? its not a whole lot but i can definitely feel the difference. did they do the settings wrong? its a jdm h22 about 70k miles on it, i call them n they said jus drive it for a few days... the good thing is the engine is much quieter n smoother n my rpm is lower a little. can someone tell me what setting it should be on the jdm h22 so i can bring it back to fix it, thanks
That means the were adjusted wrong.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts