Honda Prelude Online banner

41 - 60 of 65 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #41
A little update with some of the goodies soon to go on.

Have to save up to get it back in the bodyshop, but the boot will now have this instead of the current Value Sports wing -

And these black JDM one pieces i'm going to have a go at polishing up...

·
Shattered dreams...
534 Posts
There'll be one word to describe your car after the two new additions:

Perfection.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #43
I picked some wheels up from a lad breaking his Prelude a few weeks ago. Been polishing them up, they still need more work but i couldn't wait any longer so put them on today. They will tide me over until win the lottery and can afford some titanium rimmed Gram Light 57s!

Some quick pics from the phone. The car needs a clean though (damn weather) and it was just gathering some evening dew, so looks worse in the pics.

·
Registered
28 Posts
That's so beautiful. I love your country and the car especially. That's exactly what i'm looking to make my car except a different color.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #46
Cheers sccrwolf!

Minilogo guy, you must be joking ;) ! I already have to plan my route carefully to avoid speed bumps and potholes in my hometown. There are only a few inches clearance in places as it is. If i lived on a racetrack it would be slammed, but the reality of town driving is a different thing entirely!

·
Registered
1,803 Posts
Then I guess I'm lucky, everything here is either freshly paved or on it's way to being so. I wish I could find your side skirts, I found a site that has the JUN lip and they would go perfect with it.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #48
Finally managed to give it a quick clean this morning and took a couple of quick pics this afternoon.

Wheels - VP Bilberry
Pre-wash - VP PH Snow Foam
Wash - FK Shampoo
Tyres - Megs Endurance

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #50
The previous wheels are Momo Arrows (flecked light sliver, so they look almost white in the pics).

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #52 (Edited)
Just a little update...

Managed some more polishing, this time on the "hopefully soon to be fitted" JDM black housing head lights.

As you can see by the pictures, they are a bit dull and suffering from lacquer peel, this is the better of the two lights as the previous owner had already started to tackle some of the lacquer peel -

First off is to mask off any rubber areas from the polisher.

I tried a combo of pads and polish and stepped up to the cutting pad and cutting polish but still it wouldn't shift the lacquer!

So i found a bit of wet and dry in the garage and got to work, then the camera battery ran out.

Looking a bit better

But still more to do.

I finished off removing the lacquer and called it a day. Then picked up some 1200 grit wet and dry (the lowest grade grit i could get my hands on being the weekend!) to take our the scratches, then got to work with the polisher, starting with cutting pad and compound (to remove the dullness caused by the sanding) and worked up to a finishing pad and finishing polish.

Looking loads better, not perfect, but good enough. There looks like some dullness on the inside of the headlight, but hopefully this might just be a bit of fogging and will go with the warmth of the lights.

This is the other side i'm yet to tackle.

And side by side...

The VS boot/trunk spoiler is currently off the car as a Mugen one is due to go on soon, so hopefully this will please those who weren't fans of the VS spoiler ;) A couple of quick pictures i took today on the phone.

·
Premium Member
5,820 Posts
Looks great, I'm extremely jealous of you being able to find that kit complete!

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #54
Back from the bodyshop today :D

Latest goodies -

JDM Black Housing One Piece Headlights
Bonnet Resprayed
Touched up a bit of lacquer bubble on one of the side skirts
Boot badge holes smoothed and boot sprayed
Mugen Spoiler fitted and sprayed

The bad news :(-

My glossy smooth paint now has a light covering of overspray (easily solved with a good claying)
The side skirt is going to need polishing up
One of the JDM lights protrudes a little
The ****guards didn't go back in the wings as well as they did before
They kindly polished it for me with the rotary, so all my hard work with the polisher now has holograms. Again i can put this right with another paint correcting session.

But none of that matters as the good points are -

It looks fooking awesome!

New tax disc to go and new reg plates to go on too.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #56
To be honest, i can't think of any reason why i would need to remove the front wing/fender, other than if the car was in accident, in which case it would go back to the bodyshop to be sorted anyway. So hopefully it won't cause me a problem.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #59
A little update, Japspeed fanimold, down/flexi pipe and decat pipe now fitted, and also a new lambda sensor as the old one fell apart when being removed and despite best efforts, couldn't be fixed.

The deep tone now has a bit of rasp that it didn't have before when driving sensibly, but if you cane it, with the Janspeed backbox, OH MY WORD, it's awesome!

Acceleration definitely feels tighter and much more responsive, provided i can live with the noise, this is a superb mod!

·
Registered
130 Posts
i wish i had that lip kit... good looking out mate...

41 - 60 of 65 Posts