Honda Prelude Online banner

21 - 40 of 65 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Sweet looking ride there es-squared!

I'll get some pics up of mine when finished, hopefully soon...

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Picked her up today.

Rust removed and sorted, colour coded nostrils, front debadged, relocated front numberplate, VS lip kit fully blended & a VS boot spoiler. No more speed bumps for me.

I was unsure about the boot spoiler but decided to take a chance. Glad I did as with the rest of the kit i'm really pleased how it looks. Also the exhaust doesn't look so out of place now it fits in the bumper more, so a result all round.

Comments welcome...

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
I must admit, i was unsure of the boot spoiler, but now it is on there, it is growing on me big time!

It really finishes off the rest of the kit and looks much better in the flesh. The picture from the rear is a bit deceiving as the spoiler looks higher than it is in reality. When the paint has had time to settle, i'll crack out the polisher and wax and get some proper pics done with the Canon EOS.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
That has to be one of the shadiest body shops i've ever seen, but the car looks killer.
Lol, it's a father & son business & he's been spraying for 40 years, so a true trademan. In a way it's better than taking it to a spotless bodyshop with massive overheads which means you end up paying twice as much to often end up with the 16 yr old apprentice spraying your car!

Cheers for the comments guys. I have been a hater of big bodykits since time began, so i really didn't think i'd end up liking the boot spoiler. I guess it is a bit of a Marmite thing though.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
Gave the car a quick wash down so i thought i'd take a few pics. It really needs a good clay and machine polish following its time in the bodyshop, but i'm going to give it another month or so before i do so to allow the paint to settle.

So a pre-wash with Valet Pro PH Neutral Snow Foam. Foamed again with a mix VP SF and Duragloss 901 shampoo and washed with a MF mitt.
Dried with Megs Last Touch, wiped down with Sterling T2Q and tyres trimmed with Sterling Super Slick.

And a few shots to show the kit blending, really pleased how it all came out

·
Registered
3 Posts
Awesome dude, super clean. Have to agree with the other guys though, not really feeling the spoiler. It's your car though man, as long as you enjoy it.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
Just a little update, time for some paint correction.

So the car was cleaned & clayed and then onto the polishing. Polished with my Clarke RO polisher, Menz polishes and SP Pads. Glazed with Clearkote YMG, waxed with Clearkote CMW and a final wax coat of Autoglym HD. Took some time as i squeezed it into a few hours each weekend over the last couple of weeks.

Also sprayed the tired old roof trims..

Roof before

50/50

Afters

The NS wing..

And all finished...

Took the kids down to the beach for the day yesterday, so managed a couple of quick pics whilst parked up...

·
Registered
73 Posts
great work... flows nice

·
Registered
35 Posts
Awesome dude, super clean. Have to agree with the other guys though, not really feeling the spoiler. It's your car though man, as long as you enjoy it.
Looks great! Blending was done very well.
Also not a fan of the rear wing though...
I think the stock wing will suit the smooth look of the blended kit more.

·
Registered
39 Posts
love the kit and the wing, the sides and back "blend" looks perfact but the front look like it bulges out but looks great.

·
The Cheeze
1,704 Posts
looks, sick

Why do all the kits that are the best, are also the rarest and hardest to get!

Its what the lude should have been outta factory. Get some one piece headlights though!

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #40
Cheers chaps.

I'm on the lookout for some black JDM one piece headlights, so they will be done eventually. As well as an attempt to detango the front indicators.

21 - 40 of 65 Posts