Honda Prelude Online banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Boost Withdrawl... :(
6,152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering if you could run a VAFC with Nitrous?

Does anyone running the VAFC with their Nitrous setup?

Advantages/Disadvantages?
Good Idea/Bad Idea?

·
Registered
1,423 Posts
Yes there are people using a vafc with N2O. You just have to make sure it is tuned right cause you dont wanna run too lean while sprayin or your engine will go boom.

·
Premium Member
3,908 Posts
you should be plenty safe to use a VAFC with a wet kit. I wouldn't recommend using it with a dry kit, but it might work too.

a wet kit sprays fuel and nitrous at the same time through the fogger nozzle, so it doesn't rely on your ecu to pick up the extra oxygen and richen the car up.

·
6,152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i plan on gettin the NX wet kit after the summer is over...or maybe ill just wait till next spring....no point in sprayin for less than a month(cold cold winters here)

·
Registered
2,236 Posts
I used a VAFC with my wet kit. No problems at all. I actually had my mixture leaned out up to 11% and with nitrous it was still running rich

·
Registered
748 Posts
Dry kit 85 shot with a tuned VAFC.. = All good !!

·
6,152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
85 shot eh??? what you putting to the wheels? 1/4 mile times???

·
Registered
748 Posts
Dont have numbers for the 1/4 I only have a dyno for a 45 shot.. whihc was 216 to the wheels from 167 without the VAFC .. I got 10 more hp from the VAFC..

p00p I got mine done at Dynamic... I believe his name was Aries .. or something.. he was real good.. but I heard he wasnt there anymore... let me know if you want more info..

·
Registered
880 Posts
i just installed my vafc 2 days ago. Goes in vtec alot smother and i have zex kit. No problems but did only 2 runs.

Zex (dry kit) and Vafc is good idea, i like it so far

·
Registered
23 Posts
I have a Zex Dry Kit and VAFC. I set the Lo/Hi throttle point to 10% 95% instead of the default 10% 50% and only adjusted the narrow throttle settings leaner (about -6% correction across the board) , leaving WOT (Zex TPS Activation) occuring at 100% throttle +- 5%. I have an A/F Gauge (Yeah I know you should not tune with Narrow Band O2 Sensor!) But anyhow the readings seem to consistantly stay at the leaner end of stoich until 95% throttle and richen slightly during spray activation with vafc not manipulating MAP pressure during the Zex Spray which also causes the exact bottle pressure to go the FPR letting it controll raising the fuel Pressure.
Anyone else try this or have any comments?

·
6,152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
i lost ya in the confussion....

·
Registered
2,236 Posts
hmm, I would be careful about running in the leaner section of Stoich. From what I've been told, you always want to be in the leaner section of rich.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Thx, Yes you are correct, I misspelled.. I meant I was getting readings between stoich and the leaner side of rich . :)

·
6,152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
looks like this thread is still alive....altho i have no clue what you guys are talking about(yes i know it has something to do with the VAFC)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts