Honda Prelude Online banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
804 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok well i understand how everything works and i am almost done with the install, just takin it slow so i dont screw anything up. can someone take pictures of where the two vaccum lines go and which ones go where? also, there is a wire that clips into something on the intake manifold i think. could u take a picture of th at too, and tell me which color wire it is.. i think other than that, i got everything down, i know how the nitrous in line, the purge, the nitrous out line, and all the grounds/power/switches work, i just need to know about those three things.

ALSO: would it be bad to use nitrous on your stock spark plugs if u have a 55 shot, or should i make sure and get one step coldor plugs before i use it for the first time?

·
Registered
2,236 Posts
Well some people like Wreckdriver have used stock plugs I believe. But you need to be very cautious each run. By your other posts, you seem a little worried about nitrous use. I would play it safe and get 1 step colder plugs. As far as the lines and wires, check the sticky. I believe there is a Zex install up there. I've only done an NX kit.

·
Registered
804 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
well the link in the sticky no longer works........

·
Premium Member
3,069 Posts
typeshlude2001 said:
well the link in the sticky no longer works........
Dammit, I guess the university repo'd my webspace since i'm transferring. Zex has install instructions on their website that you can download.

·
Registered
804 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
yeah, but i just want pics of where to plug into the vaccum lins, that way i dont hav to guess, i think i gt it now though, i talked to jeff and he explain it enough to where i remember taking em off of his car, just goes in between those two lines and runs in the middle of them.....

·
Registered
804 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
ok i figured outt he vaccum lines, now ALL i need to know is which wie to tap into the tps, anyof u guys got a picture? i know where it is, but there are three wires and i dont knw which color to tap into, im an sh by theway...

·
Registered
748 Posts
Off of the TPS sensor itself.. it is the red/black wire... you should get a voltage reading when open and closed.. this is what the box uses to sense when the car is at WOT. I believe on the preluse idle voltage is around .5 volts and WOT is 5 volts.

·
Registered
233 Posts
Im too about to start my nitrous install and would like to know what lines I gotta tap into from my intake manafold. If someone could help me out (I have a zex kit) maybe typeslude2001 can help me since he just did it

·
Registered
804 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
yeah man, ill help u out, i just did it so i know where everything goes, i can even snap a few pics for you if u need them. the intake manifold part is the easiest, its really not a hard install at all, just take ur time bc u dont wanna screw up. the only reason it took me so long was bc i was having to figure out which wires to tap into....

·
Registered
233 Posts
could you also send them to [email protected] I am away from my main comp right now so i cannot check my mail there. If you send them to me tonight ill put them on my webserver so that others can see in the future.

·
Registered
3,462 Posts
i ran a 50 shot on stock plugs for a while. nothing went wrong. Now I run a 75 shot on one step colder plugs. What I do though is before I run, I make sure I pop in a bottle of octane booster into my gas tank.

·
old dog w/new tricks
1,586 Posts
I've run anywhere from 50-85 hp shots on my stock platinums, swear by them! But every car is different, so you NEED to check your plugs, can't stress that enough. ANY sign of detonation and you'll need to go colder.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts