Honda Prelude Online banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What did you guys put for the rev settings. I put 8000 but since the car tach only goes up to 8000, but if you look at it, there is a another red block continuing it, so is it 9000?

Also, has any1 tried this obd2 workaround switch taht marcucci did?
http://www.ntpog.org/mods/fifth-afc/ecu.shtml

Well yea, just wondering if you tried this workaround. is it that neccessary since we have obd2 ecus? and is it effective at not letting the ecu to learn and readjust the a/f ratio?

-Tony

------------------
'98 Diamond White Type SH:
RS*R Down Springs, Tanabe G-Medallion Cat-Back Exhaust, Iceman Intake, Neuspeed Front Strut Bar, 18" RH Evos D6000 ,APEX-i VAFC, '99 Grille, JDM Fogs, OEM Front Lip (On its way)

[This message has been edited by TcT118 (edited May 03, 2001).]

·
Registered
524 Posts
In reference to the article on ntpog, you mention that the work-around negates the need for an ODB1 conversion... I'm guessing the ODB1 is an alternative ecu for the 5th gen lude. It is also mentioned that an ODB1 conversion will cause you to lose features on the car.

Questions:
1.) What features will you lose if you convert to the ODB1? And what is the advantage to the ODB1?

2.) Is the ODB1 a Honda chip (factory) or aftermarket?

3.) where can the ODB1 be purchased?

Thanks in advance for any help! I'm rather new to all this, but have big plans for my Lude.

Hambones

2001 Type SH, Silver, and stock for now

·
Registered
524 Posts
Sorry, I'm doing a search right now and see that this has been discussed often in the past. I'll do some more reading and then come back later with new questions. Thanks.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts