Honda Prelude Online banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
what are the differences between USDM and JDM bumper? i'm thinking of switching to JDM bumper and headlights. do i need JDM bumper support as well? or i can use original USDM bumper support? is there any other modification needed for bumper and headlights conversions?
thanks!

·
I'm white
10,561 Posts
well i know the jdm bumper has no front support

i can give you a definite answer soon because i just bought a whole front end and i'm prolly gonna find out soon if i can still use my existing bumper

headlights you have to wire in (which there is a writeup for and search for it)

·
Registered
3,636 Posts
i want the jdm support simply because mine is bent and the jdm "support" i think makes everything look cleaner. the lights definately make the car look better, IMO.

the two in my sig have jdm lights. im pretty sure of that

red92s on the left, me on the right. (its the two cars that are upright and not wrecked)

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
petern101 said:
and you lose 25lbs up front on the jdm support
i'm a bit confused here....u said JDM bumper has no front support, and now the JDM support is 25lbs less than USDM version?

·
Registered
1,939 Posts
the only difference between the two actuall bumper covers is this. the JDM bumper cover does not have lights on the outside of the 4 bumper lights... they're just reflectors.

·
Registered
92 Posts
I've had it before.The JDM bumper has a support without a beam going across.Instead of 1 big heavy beam going across it just 2 little supports that go on each side.You do not need this or any other modifications to mount jdm 1 peice headlights.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Lucke said:
the only difference between the two actuall bumper covers is this. the JDM bumper cover does not have lights on the outside of the 4 bumper lights... they're just reflectors.
u mean there are no light bulbs go behind the amber lenses?

·
Registered
1,939 Posts
petern101 said:
^nope.........real jdm amber side markers don't have bulbs in them
might want to re-check your facts peter. the outside turnsignal, either amber or amber/clear depending on the year (from the four bumper lights) is a reflector on *most* JDM bumpers... it was an option however to get the side lights, where the light would just stay on all the time and not blink.

the side markers go in the fender, and are wired up just like our outer most turnsignal (it stays on solid until you signal, then it flashes).

·
Shattered dreams...
534 Posts
Yeah, I have clear blinkers (all 4 pieces) on mine, and they are Stanley stock pieces with the hole for the light. I was rather surprised to see that they were authentic Stanley parts because I'd heard so much that the Prelude in Japan didn't have the outside blinker lights, only reflectors. Much less, completely clear as mine are, so I have no idea when they were available or what model Prelude.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts