1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4,190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm attempting the install of my VAFC and it says

Red Wire - IG power
Orange wire - IG power

so do I make a 3 way connection? Or since there is IGP1 and IGP2 on ECM-A #11 and #24 do I connect one to each?

I'm sorta confused.

Thanks

------------------
David [email protected]

ICQ UIN: 4310950
AOL SN: Poena97

·
Registered
11,003 Posts
no one knows.
even if you do, don't tell him!
j/k

------------------
AIM: ImagePree

**scratch here, ding there. Sigh...**
OG H-A Member
Who else wants these Jammies???

·
Registered
11,003 Posts
email joon..
he should have a reply by next morning; you can install it then.

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by 99prelude:
Tim

yea the WH-2 diagram has one power source...but there are 2 wires that need IG power...so, Do I solder the red orange and the power wire from ECU together into a blob?
</font>

·
Registered
2,136 Posts
they should do the same thing, try blobbing them together and see if it turns on..if it does, then you are fine and dandy. Nothing to worry about.

i'm sure that way will work.

·
Registered
2,136 Posts
i just looked at the v-afc manual on apexi-usa.com and it shows both IG power wires going to the same power source listed in the W-2 (prelude specific) wiring diagram. good luck...

·
Registered
154 Posts
It's easy.

Connect them exactly as it appears. *Don't blob them. They are two different and individual connections. (This applies especially when you are connecting the ground.)

Red Wire (IG) should be connected closer to car side (away from ECU).

Orange Wire (IG) should be connected closer to the ECU (towards ECU).

Don't clip the original ECU wire unless it indicates with an X. You can solder or use T-taps (or parallel-snapon taps).

I used the parellel snapon taps. I did everything slow and had an extra set of eyes to double check my work. Took about an hour to get the wiring done and the engine started.

Don't mess with it unless you've done some kind of stuff with wiring. The first stuff I ever did with wiring was hyperblinks, then JDM fogs, then rewiring parking lights & signals, and then the V-AFC. I'm not saying it's hard, just know how to fix the wiring if you screw it up accidently.

*Remember not to start your car until you do the initial settings on the V-AFC. :]

-Rich

[This message has been edited by 98DiamondWhite (edited May 05, 2001).]

1 - 10 of 10 Posts