Honda Prelude Online banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,896 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
heres some more pics... here r my URs... i hope i got the names of the pulies right

(crank)

(alternator)

(pwr steering)

·
Premium Member
13,753 Posts
Looks nice! Hope it gives you some gains.

------------------
AIM screename: jsarino
'99 Ficus Green Pearl Type SH:
AEM cai, DC Sports SS header, Mugen exhaust, RH Evo CP-035s, GC/Konis, Spoon bars, and more!

·
Registered
2,053 Posts
Just for the record, the top one is the power steering pump, the little one in the middle is the alternator, the big one on the bottom is the crank.

------------------
My new mechanic

·
Registered
1,463 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Pete:
Just for the record, the top one is the power steering pump, the little one in the middle is the alternator, the big one on the bottom is the crank.

</font>
Correct. The one thats labeled as the alternator pulley is actually a pic of the power steering one. The one labeled as power steering shows both power steering and alternator pulleys (with the latter lying right below the former).

·
Registered
2,896 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by iranman:
Correct. The one thats labeled as the alternator pulley is actually a pic of the power steering one. The one labeled as power steering shows both power steering and alternator pulleys (with the latter lying right below the former). </font>
oops, yea thats why i said i hoped i named them right. i wasnt sure which were the alt and steering one.

·
Premium Member
9,091 Posts
...and the top two, the crank pulley, is for ruining your bearings. It's the "bearing remover pulley." Spins 'em right out, gets rid of those pesky bearings!

·
Registered
800 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by marcucci:
...and the top two, the crank pulley, is for ruining your bearings. It's the "bearing remover pulley." Spins 'em right out, gets rid of those pesky bearings!</font>
ROTFLMAO

I can't wait until they release their new and improved "Bearing Shredder Pulley". It'll do the work of the "Bearing Remover Pulley" in half the time.

Gabe

------------------
97 Prelude
see it here:Hondaprelude.com

·
Premium Member
4,863 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by marcucci:
...and the top two, the crank pulley, is for ruining your bearings. It's the "bearing remover pulley." Spins 'em right out, gets rid of those pesky bearings!</font>
It was only a matter of time before we endured one of you UR bashers comments.

Was just waiting for the thread.

·
Registered
2,896 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by VeeTec:
It was only a matter of time before we endured one of you UR bashers comments.

Was just waiting for the thread.

</font>
yea same here, except i made the thread

------------------

Crystal Blue 99' SS Lude (born on 7/1/99)~when i got it
POWER OF THE SS BABY!
SS= Super Snail!!
There i go...
screen name: CBFORMULA

·
Premium Member
4,863 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by meythodrider:
How do pullies contribute to performance gains?</font>

They eliminate parasitic drag caused by the effort it takes the motor to turn the heavier stock pulleys. The crank pulley is the biggest difference, but the lighter p/s and alternator pulley's help as well.

In other words it frees up h.p. lost to turn the heavier stock pulleys.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts