Honda Prelude Online banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
812 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am in the process of adding nitrous on my car. I have chosen to go the Nitrous Oxide System ( NOS ) Wet 50 shot. My Q is, is there any need for me to up grade my fuel system with :

AEM - High Volume Fuel Rails
AEM - Adjustable Fuel Pres. Regulator
AEM - High Performce Fuel Filter

I plan to keep moving my shot, higher and higher. So if I get these items and add them into my nitrous install will I see any numbers for these items? or will I just be blowing my money?

Also is 05130NOS a good nitrous system to begin with?

·
Boost Withdrawl... :(
6,152 Posts
well if you need a new fuel filter get OEM, the Fuel rail doesnt really help in the gains department altho i think you can run a fuel line from the rail to the solenoid and what not and from what ive been told by the board that the fuel pressure is good only if you have an aftermarket fuel pump, they raise the fuel pressure a bit and you would need a regulator to lowe it

·
Registered
1,423 Posts
PreludeVTEC01 said:
I am in the process of adding nitrous on my car. I have chosen to go the Nitrous Oxide System ( NOS ) Wet 50 shot. My Q is, is there any need for me to up grade my fuel system with :

AEM - High Volume Fuel Rails
AEM - Adjustable Fuel Pres. Regulator
AEM - High Performce Fuel Filter

I plan to keep moving my shot, higher and higher. So if I get these items and add them into my nitrous install will I see any numbers for these items? or will I just be blowing my money?

Also is 05130NOS a good nitrous system to begin with?

I think thats probably a good system to go with. Wet kit is definately the way to go, but I have personally chosen to go with NX. They are both excellent kits though.

·
Registered
812 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
hum.....well i guess ill hold out on the up grading fuel system for awhile....does anyone know a good site to order that kit from?

·
Premium Member
3,908 Posts
PreludeVTEC01 said:
hum.....well i guess ill hold out on the up grading fuel system for awhile....does anyone know a good site to order that kit from?
you could always PM afterhourz on the price of a NX kit.

·
IM LOVIN IT!!!
2,339 Posts
i got my set up from afterhours... i payed $1800for 2 kit shipped each kit have nx 75 shot kit,gen x upgrade,remote opener

·
Premium Member
3,069 Posts
I'd just go through Afterhourz and get an NX kit. You don't need any fuel upgrades for a 50 shot.

·
Registered
2,236 Posts
Yeah, no need to upgrade the fuel system. General rule of thumb is that you don't want to go over a 75 shot on a single fogger kit. Your stock fuel system can easily handle that.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts