Honda Prelude Online banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have about a thousand dollars to spend on upgrading the performance of my 1997 honda prelude base model

I am looking for a decent cold air intake i am not looking to pay retail for the intake

I want a ceramic header because it was recommended from a close friend anyone know where I can get a good one for a decent price

My main problem is finding an exaust that is not to loud but sounds great for a good price

I am looking for suggestions please help me out

Any ideas on getting more horsepower than just intake and exaust i want to know

·
Banned
1,239 Posts
Any cai or sri will do. They don't matter that much.

Cheap headers will not give you any worthwhile power. Just seach for header and you'll see plenty of options.

The RS*R Exmag is quiet. http://www.preludeonline.com/showthread.php?t=173269

For more power: http://www.honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=1029795 has some good info.

Some options:
Cold Air Intake or Short Ram Intake
Header
Exhaust
Accessory Pullies
Crank Pulley
Spark Plug Wires
Copper Sparkplugs
Engine Managment, VAFC, Hondata, etc
Remove Balancer Shaft
Hondata Intake Gasket
Intake Manifold
Larger Throttle Body
Cam Gears
Camshafts
Pistons
Coolant Bypass Mod
Disable EGR
Advance the timing
Turbocharger
Supercharger
Remove Power Steering
Turn off the A/C

·
Premium Member
356 Posts
RMF header, RSR exhaust...get another 200 and you can get both..

·
Registered
3 Posts
hey whats up....I have a 2000 lude and I'm looking at getting some camshafts...any suggestions on whats good out there for a decent price....and I have a VAFC but my friend insists on getting the ecu flashed instead...which way is better?

·
Registered
5,448 Posts
gte393y said:
hey whats up....I have a 2000 lude and I'm looking at getting some camshafts...any suggestions on whats good out there for a decent price....and I have a VAFC but my friend insists on getting the ecu flashed instead...which way is better?
Well, for starters, our ECU's aren't flash programmable. You have to swap them for an OBD1 Civic or Integra ECU. Then there are a variety of methods to program the new ECU for H22 & application specific fuel/ignition maps . . . Hondata, Crome, Uberdata, Neptune, etc.

For advice on cams, take a look through the stickies at the top of the N/A forum.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts