Honda Prelude Online banner

Update: What I've been doing w/pics!

1K views 18 replies 12 participants last post by  SLICK96 
#1 ·
Well I got one step further today, I got my motor compartment painted and my door jams done. So I can start putting my motor in next week. Heres some pics, I don't think there are too many fourth gens with this color.

Hope you guys like the color I really love it, it's different and not too extreme in your face, classy. Opinions welcome.
matt

See less See more
#4 ·
The actual color is called liquid copper, it comes on the infinti fx45 but I added mor gold pearl, it changes alot at different angles.
thanks for the comments, I can't wait to get the rest of the car painted, the person in the pic is actually my friend fernando, we work together. He is the best painter I have ever worked with.

#13 ·
I like the hardcore approach--who needs a paint booth? Hahahaha...NICE COLOR, Matt! My girl's dad does body work & paint, and repainted her 97, colormatched everything, and he did it all in a garage as well--works pretty well I guess?!?

J

#14 ·
irishpilot said:
Really classy like you said!!

Cant wait to see finished product, especially what the engine will
be like! Are you going with the H22 still? If I remember correctly that will get you around until you get the H23VTEC back up right?

:bigthumb:
Yeah, it's just gonna be my back up motor until the H23/vtec beast is back up and running which will be soon. I'm glad you guys like the color, it really changes alot in certain lights, with the gold pearl in it.

#15 ·
SLICK96 said:
I like the hardcore approach--who needs a paint booth? Hahahaha...NICE COLOR, Matt! My girl's dad does body work & paint, and repainted her 97, colormatched everything, and he did it all in a garage as well--works pretty well I guess?!?

J
YEah slick ya gotta do what ya gotta do ya know, with the jams it's really not that big of a deal, you don't see that, but for the outside it will be in the booth fo sho, and then buffed till it's glass.

#16 ·
slp mode said:

YEah slick ya gotta do what ya gotta do ya know, with the jams it's really not that big of a deal, you don't see that, but for the outside it will be in the booth fo sho, and then buffed till it's glass.
Nice, nice, NICE!!! I like it a lot. It's gonna look hot as F@CK when you get it all painted, clear coated, and all buffed up. What rims are you going w/ to accentuate the copper? Black? Gunmetal? BRONZE Volks??

J

#18 ·
No body kit just yet, I have'nt fournd one that's not too crazy that really catches my eye, anycase the body kit is on the very bottom of my list, and as far as rims, I am going to paint the enkies I have black they are older but they are still nice, you can see them in the fourth gen user thread. But I do know that once I get it painted and finished it's gonna be screamin for a kit of some kind, I really like the rs lips, not to crazy but clean, I like the clean look, I definately need some black jdm headlights though that's next.

#19 ·
slp mode said:
No body kit just yet, I have'nt fournd one that's not too crazy that really catches my eye, anycase the body kit is on the very bottom of my list, and as far as rims, I am going to paint the enkies I have black they are older but they are still nice, you can see them in the fourth gen user thread. But I do know that once I get it painted and finished it's gonna be screamin for a kit of some kind, I really like the rs lips, not to crazy but clean, I like the clean look, I definately need some black jdm headlights though that's next.
I'm definately down for the clean look. IMO, keep it clean.

J

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.