Honda Prelude Online banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
rotorless rotorite :(
1,652 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i just did a search for "unortodox pulley" but i wasn't able to find all the info i was looking for.

for example, will the Alternator pulley kill the Battery over time? like if i was to drive with the headlights, radio and AC on all the time, would that affect the life of the battery?
and also i'd be getting the UOR pulleys minus the Crank Pulley. does it only come with the PS and ALT pulley? is this a pretty easy install? is there any thing i should know before i start? bolt torque specs etc?

------------------
2001 EBP Prelude
(Base 5 sp)
Mods:
CF Altezza
AEM CAI
Tanabe G-Power Medallion
Ground Control Coilovers

G

·
Yeah, it only comes with the PS pulley and alt. pulley.

I am not sure if the alternator pulley will affect the battery, but I doubt it.

For torque specs, belt tension specs, etc. buy a Helm's manual. It will also show you how to get the pulleys off. www.helminc.com

------------------
Billy
North Texas Prelude Owners Group
www.ntpog.org

·
1,652 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by 71dsp:
Yeah, it only comes with the PS pulley and alt. pulley.

I am not sure if the alternator pulley will affect the battery, but I doubt it.

For torque specs, belt tension specs, etc. buy a Helm's manual. It will also show you how to get the pulleys off. www.helminc.com

</font>

cool, thanks 71DSP, i think that the UOR comes with instructions though. i don't know if i wanna order a HELMS just yet, i know that i should have one, but i haven't needed it yet.

------------------
2001 EBP Prelude
(Base 5 sp)
Mods:
CF Altezza
AEM CAI
Tanabe G-Power Medallion
Ground Control Coilovers

G

·
Are you planning on doing your own work? If so, buy one now. For crying out loud, it's only $60 ~ $70.

The UR instructions suck. The directions I got with the cam pulleys aren't very helpful. Best to go to the real source.

------------------
Billy
www.ntpog.org

·
1,652 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Are you planning on doing your own work? If so, buy one now. For crying out loud, it's only $60 ~ $70.</font>
ok ok ok
no need to yell at me!
i was thinking of getting one when i was gonna get my Turbo (might self install it not sure yet) but i guess i'll have to get one now.

EDIT: oh and so far i've done all my mods below by myself (wth a friend for the CO) and haven't nedded a HELM. i was just lucky enough to get good instructions from people.

------------------
2001 EBP Prelude
(Base 5 sp)
Mods:
CF Altezza
AEM CAI
Tanabe G-Power Medallion
Ground Control Coilovers

[This message has been edited by BlueShadow (edited April 14, 2001).]

G

·
You're a cry baby...

How did you install your suspension? Did you just tighten everything down as tight as it would go?

Seriously, it's a good investment. Mine is covered in dirt, grease, oil, etc. None of the pages are clean.... I am always using it when I am working on the car.

------------------
Billy
www.ntpog.org

·
1,652 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
You're a cry baby...

How did you install your suspension? Did you just tighten everything down as tight as it would go?

</font>
i am not a crybaby

but about tightening the suspension all the way, that i did not do! i used your page's spring install page on www.NTPOG.com as a reference for torque specs

for the front: lower fork mounting bolt is 47 ft-lbs. It's 32 for the fork bolt (where it meets the damper) and 28 for the 3 nuts at the top of the tower

and the rear: lower mounting bolt requires 47 ft-lb of torque and the top buts require 28

------------------
2001 EBP Prelude
(Base 5 sp)
Mods:
CF Altezza
AEM CAI
Tanabe G-Power Medallion
Ground Control Coilovers

G

·
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by BlueShadow:
i am not a crybaby

but about tightening the suspension all the way, that i did not do! i used your page's spring install page on www.NTPOG.com as a reference for torque specs

for the front: lower fork mounting bolt is 47 ft-lbs. It's 32 for the fork bolt (where it meets the damper) and 28 for the 3 nuts at the top of the tower

and the rear: lower mounting bolt requires 47 ft-lb of torque and the top buts require 28
</font>
Ah, very good, grasshoppa.

------------------
Billy
www.ntpog.org

·
Registered
906 Posts
Hey BlueShadow- looking for some UR pullies- got the set for sale with less than 3k on them. Price is $250 firm plus shipping BUT that includes the 2 additional Gates belts you need to purchase that cost me an additional $40. Not bad- perfect condition. Email me if interested and save some $.

[email protected]

·
Premium Member
4,863 Posts
Billy likes to yell.

·
Registered
906 Posts
Glad that Billy made Mod...not sure that he would be one now that he has a WRX. All I can say is that without "71" I would still be a lot stocker than I am now. I'll keep you updated on my FI project- do the same to me for your NA quest and we'll see who comes out on "top" hey(hehe..)?

·
Registered
906 Posts
Or was that Dr. James that bought a WRX...can't remember now after the GALLON of Hacker-Pshorr I got done downing downtown(LOL!) Oh well...

·
Registered
2,896 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Spocko:
2 additional Gates belts you need to purchase that cost me an additional $40.
[email protected]
</font>

hey spocko, what kind of belts did u use? i used the gates belt and cost me no more than $10 for both.

------------------

Crystal Blue 99' SS Lude (born on 7/1/99)~when i got it
PERFORMANCE MODS:
-AEM CAI (silver)-DC Sports CC 4-2-1 Headers
-Tanabe Racing Medalion -UR pulleys SS (3 piece)
-Apexi V-AFC -Autometer A/F gauge -Autometer EGT gauge -zex kit w/ plugs running 55 shots -NOS purge kit *no more performance mods will be added*
NON-PERFORMANCE:
-Panasonic CQ-DF800U
screen name: CBFORMULA

·
Registered
906 Posts
$10 for BOTH!!! that is insane. I went to Napa, and they carry Gates belts. Got the 2 that I needed. One was $19 something and the other was $16 or so, which is almost $40 after tax. $10 is A-****in-mazing. Have a friend on the inside or what?

·
Registered
2,896 Posts
$10 for BOTH!!! that is insane. I went to Napa, and they carry Gates belts. Got the 2 that I needed. One was $19 something and the other was $16 or so, which is almost $40 after tax. $10 is A-****in-mazing. Have a friend on the inside or what?</font>
dang really? i just searched at like gates.com or somthing for a local dealer. then just drove there, it was just some normal car parts store, and bought it up front. no hookups or whatever. i think i paid like $4.00ish for each... i remember caus all i had to use was a ten dollar bill... i dunno whats up with your price though

G

·
Glad that Billy made Mod...not sure that he would be one now that he has a WRX. All I can say is that without "71" I would still be a lot stocker than I am now. I'll keep you updated on my FI project- do the same to me for your NA quest and we'll see who comes out on "top" hey(hehe..)?</font>
That was Dr. James!

Just wait on my NA project....I have some interesting things going on.....

------------------
Billy
www.ntpog.org

·
1,652 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
[sarcasm] WHOA 71DSP you bought a WRX too? whoa i wonder how Dr. James' NA project is going, i hear he has some interesting things going on[/sarcasm]

[This message has been edited by BlueShadow (edited April 15, 2001).]

1 - 18 of 18 Posts