Honda Prelude Online banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
1,621 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, I decided too take off of work yesterday and relax a little. Called my friend up to chill and she came and picked me up. Well, on the way to get something too eat, i decided that i wasn't hungry yet so we scratched that. Then she mentioned that she wanted to show me a house where she babysits for these people. Very rich people mind you, and SUPER friendly. Well, she didn't think that they were going to be home but they ended up being there. We walk into the garage and LO and Behold a gorgeous 2001 Porsche 911 Turbo is sitting in the garage. I couldn't believe my eyes just seeing the very rare car about 2 feet away from it. Well, we eventually went inside and talked for a while with the parents and the kid. Ok first of all, this kid has everything. He has a 2001 yamaha 225 4 stroke dirtbike, 99 kawasaki jetski, he just ordered the fastest production waverunner, he used to have a yamaha banshee, playstation 2 with a widescreen Sony HD tv w/ a surround system that'll blow you through the roof, dreamcast, basically everything that you can think of thats cool. Oh yeah, he's only in 7th grade! how old is that? 12,13? Funny thing is though that he wasn't a brat or annoying or anything that you would think from all the movies that portray them like that
Anyway, by the end of our little visit, the kid convinced his father too take the 911 for a spin. Ok, i was already drooling at this point. So we get into the garage, he gets in to start it and tells me to wait outside because there wasn't enough room for me to get in on the passenger side. Pulls it out, i go to get in the passenger side and as soon i as opened the door, he said "Hey, what are you doing bud?" i was like "what do you mean?" he replies, "wrong side buddy". I just **** a brick in my pants right when he said that. I was like, "sureee, OK!!". I hop in. Adjust all the mirrors and the seat i'm nervous as anything because the thing is a $120,000 415hp, 415lb-ft torque Machine!!! Ok, as i finished adjusting i didn't even notice who hoped into the car, IT WAS THE SON!!!! The dad, just said to me "HAVE FUN AND BE CAREFUL!" and then he went back inside. I really couldn't fvcking believe what the hell was going on. So I back out nice and slow, making sure i don't hit any curbs or anything. By the way, this car is very simple to drive. The clutch was perfect and the throttle wasn't overly sensitive. A beginner could learn on this car. Need i mention the awesome carbon fiber steering wheel and shifter. I start to pull away slowly and get through 1st and 2nd nice easy and i get to the first stop sign. The kid looks at me and said, "what the hell are you doing? GET ON IT!" i said to myself, "is this kid fvcking kidding me??". So i did, 1st, 2nd, and half through 3rd. I hit the fuel cut off in first because you have no idea how f-ing fast it goes by. Then 2nd and my brain is knocked to the back of my skull. This thing, is so god damn fast it's not even funny. Then i had to go to one of my favorite twisty roads, and all i have to say is godbless!! Heel and toeing was simple, steering was great(it kinda didn't give enough feedback to the driver, i would've like to have a little more effort in turning the wheel at higher speeds and roadfeel) oh, and the brakes....c'mon, you already know porsche brakes. Then the kid turns off the PSM(porsche stability management) and said "i turned this off with my dad in the car and we spun out, it was fun". I just laughed in amazement about how this was going about. I didn't run on my favorite twisty road with it off because i didn't want to risk anything, but i did do a nice drag launch which was f-ing ridiculous. I just did exactly what the magazines say, drop the clutch at 5000rpm or more and the AWD spins out for a sec and then the rest is history. Well, that's exactly what happened folks. Again, my brain and internal organs were thrown to the back of my body like they were jello. Eventually, i go back to the home after about 15 minutes of spirited driving in one the fastest, and most desirable production sports cars in the world. Went back inside, the dad was in the BASEMENT putting a new tv in with not even a hint of worriness in his eyes about me having the car for that long. He just said to the kid, "Did he get on it or what?" and the kid said, "yea, he did better than you". and the father just laughed, shook my hand and said, "how do you feel?" i reply, "oh, i can die happily now
" he started cracking up.
I'm still in awe and i can't wipe the smile on my face thinking about it.

Godbless everyone and i hope you get the oppurtunity of a lifetime someday as i did, but this was truely, too good to be true. In the end, it was extremely good and TRUE. I had to go home and clean my pants

gills

------------------
Image uploading. Refresh page to view

1995 Prelude VTEC w/ mods of course.
Why waste $ on a stereo? I juz' wan' speeeeeed n' looks:)

·
THE LONELY MONK
6,005 Posts
Man..you lucky bastard...i'll never be able to drive one of those..well..if i did..the cop would probably pull me over for a 'bum in a real expensive car citation'

--Sam

------------------

With Great Powers Come Great Responsibilities--Never Underestimate the Power of the VTEC

·
Registered
2,404 Posts
WHoa, sounds like something straight out of the movies. I've told people it would be worth it to go to jail for stealing one of those, ala Gone in 60 Seconds.

I need to start babysitting again
JP

·
Registered
1,621 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
make sure you find an extrememly nice and happily married couple with LOTS of money and you may get the chance!

·
Registered
1,882 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by gills:
make sure you find an extrememly nice and happily married couple with LOTS of money and you may get the chance!
</font>

does he have a daughter??? That would be your chance....to drive the car every weekend!

·
Registered
1,621 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Oh by the way, the father is the owner of www.sickbay.com I haven't even checked it out yet. I think they do online prescriptions or something of that nature. He used to be a Dentist and sold his business and bought the website, good move on his part! He lives in a beautiful home in one of the wealthiest areas on Long Island and he was already redoing the whole house, basement, and back yard. Oh, the kid told me this was a secret but one of the new rooms in the basement is going to get a 90" projection TV with a surround sound system that's like the movies all for the father's birthday! unbelievable, eh? shhhhh though, it's a suprise!

·
Registered
1,621 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Yea, he has a daughter.........she's 11 YEARS OLD!!! haha, i'm going to have to wait a while.....

gills

·
Registered
456 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by gills:
"how do you feel?" i reply, "oh, i can die happily now
" he started cracking up.
I'm still in awe and i can't wipe the smile on my face thinking about it.

</font>
I would feel the same way, and I couldn't wipe the smile off my face while I read that. It did go away though, after I came back to my reality.

G

·
that's amazing... i'm jealous.... porche ::drools heavily:: that car is one of the most fvckalicious cars in the world.. i totally felt the way aaron97sh.. lucky lucky lucky....

Irene

------------------
Forum Moderator for Club Events
President of the Pennsylvania Honda Prelude Club
Member of Girlie Girle Racing and Team Interlude

[email protected]
Club Events Forum

·
Registered
2,152 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by jpprelude:
WHoa, sounds like something straight out of the movies. I've told people it would be worth it to go to jail for stealing one of those, ala Gone in 60 Seconds.

I need to start babysitting again
JP
</font>
its funny you mention that. Get this, there was porsche 911 at the legacy movie theatre in plano... in the front drive way of the movie theater, with the engine on, while the guy went to buy a ticket in a long line. IT WAS JUST SITTING THERE!!! all you had to do was open the door, drop the brake pop the clutch and gooooooooo! gone in 3.2 seconds easy! so tempting. My friend was actually contemplating it, its oneof his dream cars

·
C.O.D.
3,542 Posts
man, ur one lucky bastard. dayum. the closest i've ever been to one was in a parking lot in old town pasadena in CA. it was pearl black...911 turbo. as soon as i saw it i thought i was gonna faint. there was absolutely no one in the parking lot. there were barely any cars. i walk to it..run my hands around it..man. just touching it wakes up mr. johnson. hahaha. man, when i was 12 all i had was hot wheel cars. haha.

·
Registered
2,404 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by 99Prelude_LC:
its funny you mention that. Get this, there was porsche 911 at the legacy movie theatre in plano... in the front drive way of the movie theater, with the engine on, while the guy went to buy a ticket in a long line. IT WAS JUST SITTING THERE!!! all you had to do was open the door, drop the brake pop the clutch and gooooooooo! gone in 3.2 seconds easy! so tempting. My friend was actually contemplating it, its oneof his dream cars
</font>

With times like those, I'm amazed I haven't been incarcerated yet. It has happened to me a couple of times.

I was at my friends corner store, and some baller in a Ferrari left his car running to get cigarettes. I was sitting outside, actually contemplating taking the car. Good thing I have self control and a love for life, otherwise I'd wish I would be in jail considering what that guy would have done to me.

I am so lucky that I'm not crazy.

JP

[This message has been edited by jpprelude (edited April 22, 2001).]

1 - 20 of 34 Posts