Honda Prelude Online banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a 1999 Type SH Lude and it came with a p28 unit, my question is, how do I know if it’s activating ATTS? If not, how do I make it activate ATTS while keeping the P28 unit or do I need to buy an OEM Type SH ecu? Does anyone knows of a chip with ATTS programming for the P28 or can I just go to a dyno and they’ll program it to activate ATTS? (Also scanners don’t work on the car, we don’t know why yet and Check engine, ATTS, SRS lights are on) Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
94 Posts
More than likely it is not activating the ATTS. the SH ECU is 37820-P5P-A02 or 37820-P5P-L02. OBD Scanner probably is not working because the P28 is OBDI not OBDII, so you will need to read the codes with the two-pin pinout (color blue) next to the OBD female port. SRS light is independent from the ECU and as long as your car has the airbags you can reset the light to turn off. There are YouTube videos on how to reset the SRS light.

If you do get the original ECU you will need to program the immobilizer and key as these cars won't turn on with out doing this. Maybe the previous owner lost the original chipped key and found that the P28 ECU can bypass the immobilizer. There's a locksmith website that programs immobilizers and ECUs. You send them the ECU and immobilizer and they program a key for you. Other option is if you find on eBay or junkyard that will sell the immobilizer, key, and ECU as a complete package and all you would do is plug in and play.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Programming Service:

eBay listing of complete set up, you would need to re-key your door cylinders.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Here's a website that bypasses the immobilizer on the ECU. Check them out. The only thing is that any key cut that matches your car's cylinder is able to turn it on. Says it cost $100, might be worth a shot if you end up getting the SH ECU (P5P).

1 - 4 of 4 Posts