Honda Prelude Online banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anybody know where a guy can buy a complete bolt on strut for a 97 type sh?
Mines not only clunks but leans quite a bit indicating to me it's got worn springs as well.
Any help or direction would be appreciated!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Sorry, to my knowledge they dont exist like that. You can probably purchase the springs separately still. Honestly, I would go with a good set of coilovers from BC racing or a reputable quality company. You can keep it at stock height if you want, and make some simple adjustments to dampening. People here can advise you on how to do it if you need assistance. The car will handle and feel 1000 times better than the factory springs and shocks.

They are also rebuildable when they eventually go bad. So you wont need to purchase a whole new assembly. If you are mechanically inclined, this is the better option.

·
Premium Member
3,037 Posts
Does anybody know where a guy can buy a complete bolt on strut for a 97 type sh?
Mines not only clunks but leans quite a bit indicating to me it's got worn springs as well.
Any help or direction would be appreciated!
Besides aftermarket you aren't likely to find full spring, strut and hat units complete. If you do, they're going to be used and you'd be replacing the strut assembly anyway unless it's known mileage/condition. I have a complete set for sale (Tein HA w/ pillowball uppers) but these are overkill for someone looking for stock items.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Besides aftermarket you aren't likely to find full spring, strut and hat units complete. If you do, they're going to be used and you'd be replacing the strut assembly anyway unless it's known mileage/condition. I have a complete set for sale (Tein HA w/ pillowball uppers) but these are overkill for someone looking for stock items.
Tein suspensions are nice! Koni makes struts for the prelude as well. The base model fit the sh model. I have an SH model with Koni struts.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts