Honda Prelude Online banner

41 - 60 of 77 Posts

·
( o.O )
2,802 Posts
Discussion Starter #41
The Oreo said:
Her problems spread like a virus in that car... Mine came periodically... My motor WILL BE swapped in the next year....

and speaking of virii, think bruno can do some exhaust work when i come down :cool: :eek:

·
Living on a Warmer Buoy
2,768 Posts
lilredlude said:
atts shuts off when the cel comes on, thus it never worked
Wasn't that what I said?

And Jeff, ok.

·
Amanda's biatch
2,018 Posts
lilredlude said:
and speaking of virii, think bruno can do some exhaust work when i come down :cool: :eek:

I am sure they can look at it if u show em the green.. :p just kidding.. they would look at it for free.. :cool:

·
Type SH'in...
2,229 Posts
blklude98 said:
I never said atts doesn't work in tight turns. I said LSD does more in tight turns vs. long sweeping turns while atts works better in long sweeping turns.

Take an on ramp...and FLOOR IT...it pulls you around the turn.
You can feel ATTS on tight turns for SURE..i dont' doubt that at all. I'm just clarifying what Kap said. :rolleyes:
Correct, because ATTS is proportional to torque and hence throttle application [for argument's sake at least]. So in a no-throttle situation [like a lift-throttle tight-turn], there is, in essence, no torque to transfer. In contrast, like Jeff said in a long-sweeper where one could heap generous amounts of throttle and high-engine speeds, ATTS hits it's stride and no mechanical LSD could touch it. ATTS coupled with the Type SH's proprietary suspension geometry essentially eliminates traditional torque steer and can actually do the opposite and tighten the line.

·
SHIFT_yourowndamnself
1,586 Posts
Kap TypeSH said:
Correct, because ATTS is proportional to torque and hence throttle application [for argument's sake at least]. So in a no-throttle situation [like a lift-throttle tight-turn], there is, in essence, no torque to transfer. In contrast, like Jeff said in a long-sweeper where one could heap generous amounts of throttle and high-engine speeds, ATTS hits it's stride and no mechanical LSD could touch it. ATTS coupled with the Type SH's proprietary suspension geometry essentially eliminates traditional torque steer and can actually do the opposite and tighten the line.
glad someone knows what they're talking about. :bigthumb:

·
Amanda's biatch
2,018 Posts
Kap TypeSH said:

This I already knew.. But I still prefer LSD over ATTS anyday.. :p hence the reason I bought a base in the first place.. :laugh:

I knew I was getting LSD ONE day... And I knew the problems and difficulty of working on an SH.. Suspension, clutch, and hell.. Even changing the oil is a bit more difficult when it comes to working on it.. Also I didnt like how the SH was slower 0 to 60... :( but so many people around my way thought it had more power... only because of the "SH" badging

·
Type SH'in...
2,229 Posts
The Oreo said:
This I already knew.. But I still prefer LSD over ATTS anyday.. :p hence the reason I bought a base in the first place.. :laugh:

I knew I was getting LSD ONE day... And I knew the problems and difficulty of working on an SH.. Suspension, clutch, and hell.. Even changing the oil is a bit more difficult when it comes to working on it.. Also I didnt like how the SH was slower 0 to 60... :( but so many people around my way thought it had more power... only because of the "SH" badging
Yea, I figured you already knew that, I was just speaking to Jeff's point about the tight turns and sweepers. Clarifying, I suppose.

About base vs. SH, to each is own. LSD is good stuff, I like the benefits it has in straightline launches. As for difficulty of working on an SH, yea it does cost a bit more for suspension or clutch labor, but not deal-breakingly more. Changing the oil, however is as simple as can be, the filter is right on top and you can reach it from the engine bay. SH isn't all that slower 0-60, maybe a tenth or 2, but that's due to the extra 50 or 70 or whatever pounds. That small of a fluctuation in acceleration hardly makes itself seen anywhere but drag racing. But I understand what you're saying. I'll probably get my next car with LSD, but as long as I own the 'Lude [hopefully a long time!], I'm more than happy with ATTS.

·
Amanda's biatch
2,018 Posts
Kap TypeSH said:
Yea, I figured you already knew that, I was just speaking to Jeff's point about the tight turns and sweepers. Clarifying, I suppose.

About base vs. SH, to each is own. LSD is good stuff, I like the benefits it has in straightline launches. As for difficulty of working on an SH, yea it does cost a bit more for suspension or clutch labor, but not deal-breakingly more. Changing the oil, however is as simple as can be, the filter is right on top and you can reach it from the engine bay. SH isn't all that slower 0-60, maybe a tenth or 2, but that's due to the extra 50 or 70 or whatever pounds. That small of a fluctuation in acceleration hardly makes itself seen anywhere but drag racing. But I understand what you're saying. I'll probably get my next car with LSD, but as long as I own the 'Lude [hopefully a long time!], I'm more than happy with ATTS.

The SH does 0 to 60 in a little over 7 seconds.. if not 7.4 I believe.. The base does it in 6.7... And the 4th gen in 6.4... It was hard for me to the oilchange on michelle's car because fitting the tools throw all the crap u have to get to, to reach the filter was hard... And thank god her oil pan bolt was pretty loose.. Which IT SHOULD be.. Sometimes they tighten it too much.. or it seats itself tight.. They say the clutch job at a normal priced shop is an extra 5 HOURS for an SH.. :rolleyes: I have NO idea why.. Might be due to the suspension and ATTS unit.. I think that's bullcrap and it's probably only an extra 2 hours.. but u know how they overcharge... Bruno said it did take a LONG time for them to get your tranny out... He priced out what honda would have charged me and you for a clutch job.. And yes it was a significant difference in price.. Thank god i dont have to go there for it.. or neither of us for that matter... And just wait till you do your suspension.. ;)

·
Living on a Warmer Buoy
2,768 Posts
Because the SH is a b!tch with the suspension and ATTS unit. :eek:

·
Amanda's biatch
2,018 Posts
^^ true story.. that is probably the BIGGEST reason I didnt buy one.. Ok no.. it was because it's just a weee bit heavier.. I think only ballers own SH's...

·
SHIFT_yourowndamnself
1,586 Posts
liquidxnitez said:
Because the SH is a b!tch with the suspension and ATTS unit. :eek:
EH...not really with the suspension. Ball Joint Remover FTW. just ask andy...he used to think it was a ***** till i gave him a ball joint remover.

Oh yeah..you woudlnt' know..you never had suspension on your lude. :laugh: :bigthumb:

We miss you vic that's why we mess with you. :bigthumb:

·
Type SH'in...
2,229 Posts
The Oreo said:
The SH does 0 to 60 in a little over 7 seconds.. if not 7.4 I believe.. The base does it in 6.7... And the 4th gen in 6.4... It was hard for me to the oilchange on michelle's car because fitting the tools throw all the crap u have to get to, to reach the filter was hard... And thank god her oil pan bolt was pretty loose.. Which IT SHOULD be.. Sometimes they tighten it too much.. or it seats itself tight.. They say the clutch job at a normal priced shop is an extra 5 HOURS for an SH.. :rolleyes: I have NO idea why.. Might be due to the suspension and ATTS unit.. Bruno said it did take a LONG time for them to get your tranny out... He priced out what honda would have charged me and you for a clutch job.. And yes it was a significant difference in price.. Thank god i dont have to go there for it.. or neither of us for that matter... And just wait till you do your suspension.. ;)
As for 0-60, you gotta keep in mind that every time they test it, it's under different circumstances and variables. I remember seeming times in the 7.0-7.2 range for Type SH and the best I ever saw for the Base 5MT was 6.8s when it had that comparison that it won against Celica GT-S, Eclipse GT, Teg GS-R, GTi VR6, Cougar, 2.5RS, etc.

As for the oil-change, last time I did it myself, i was able to get it off by hand, so I never used a tool, so I can't really comment on that, but it was fairly easy when I did it. Then again, I did use an oil evacuator, or whatever it's called...

I guess I'll find out about the suspension when it comes time for that :stick:

·
Living on a Warmer Buoy
2,768 Posts
No. Only ballers have a Type S engine in their Type SH. ;)

·
Amanda's biatch
2,018 Posts
liquidxnitez said:
No. Only ballers have a Type S engine in their Type SH. ;)

BOOOOOOOOO Michelle! I cant wait to drive it!! AND race it!!! :D I wanna see what this 20 extra hp is all about! :nutty:

·
Type SH'in...
2,229 Posts
The Oreo said:
^^ true story.. that is probably the BIGGEST reason I didnt buy one.. Ok no.. it was because it's just a weee bit heavier.. I think only ballers own SH's...
The true reason I bought an SH was cause it has the first 2 letters of my last name: SHah.

·
Living on a Warmer Buoy
2,768 Posts
blklude98 said:
EH...not really with the suspension. Ball Joint Remover FTW. just ask andy...he used to think it was a ***** till i gave him a ball joint remover.

Oh yeah..you woudlnt' know..you never had suspension on your lude. :laugh: :bigthumb:

We miss you vic that's why we mess with you. :bigthumb:
Lies!! All Lies!!!!!! (well the part that you miss me)

Well, the suspension geometry is definitely different than the Base model. If you have the correct tools, of course it won't be too bad. But if you never worked on an SH at all, you will b!tch and gripe about it. I know my boy at Honda b!tches everytime I bring my car for an oil change. :laugh: And I know that the mechanic who will be working on my car today, will also b!tch :laugh: :laugh:

·
Type SH'in...
2,229 Posts
The Oreo said:
BOOOOOOOOO Michelle! I cant wait to drive it!! AND race it!!! :D I wanna see what this 20 extra hp is all about! :nutty:

Isn't it only 20-hp extra on the uber-high-octane fuel they have over in JapanLand?

·
SHIFT_yourowndamnself
1,586 Posts
liquidxnitez said:
Lies!! All Lies!!!!!! (well the part that you miss me)

Well, the suspension geometry is definitely different than the Base model. If you have the correct tools, of course it won't be too bad. But if you never worked on an SH at all, you will b!tch and gripe about it. I know my boy at Honda b!tches everytime I bring my car for an oil change. :laugh: And I know that the mechanic who will be working on my car today, will also b!tch :laugh: :laugh:
SH is short for SH*t cause they say that word about 100 times while working on an SH :D

41 - 60 of 77 Posts