Honda Prelude Online banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
how do the type s cams perform compared to the 5th gen sh cams? does anyone know if they are worth the purchase?

·
WHITE RUSSIAN !
2,170 Posts
vietixs said:
how do the type s cams perform compared to the 5th gen sh cams? does anyone know if they are worth the purchase?
lots of info on that ... just do search

·
Registered
33 Posts
Lots of info definately, also try searching the N/A forum. After researching the heck out of it I decided to go crower stage 2. First of all, the type SH cam is exactly the same as the base cams.
The type S cam is obviously more aggressive than stock, but probably slightly less aggressive than a Crower stage 1. If you are going to go through the trouble and cash to swap out your cams, you might as well do something that will net you a few more ponies. Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't the type-s cam give roughly 8-10 hp? Crower's claim for stage one is 12-15 and 15-18 for stage 2. Having just installed the stage 2's I will definately have to recommend at least crower stage 1! I'm still breaking mine in (just 50 more miles, guys!!) I can tell you though just the sound of hitting the VTEC lobes makes it all worth it!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thanks

members of this site are the greatest! other sites don't compare.
thanks for the info and suggestions. i have gude cams right now and didn't see any type of gains from stock. i saw type s cams for 350 and was gonna fork over $ for them and forgot about installation costs. thanks

·
1st to make the playoffs
2,744 Posts
I have read many books on H series engines and most if not all books say the type s are the best for our engine. I don't know what they have to say if you go FI but I am sure it would be the same.

·
Premium Member
3,908 Posts
Enhanced said:
I have read many books on H series engines and most if not all books say the type s are the best for our engine. I don't know what they have to say if you go FI but I am sure it would be the same.
type s is a good all around cam, but the crower stage 1 and 2's are going to be tuned a little bit more for topend.

·
Registered
33 Posts
The type s cam is no doubt very smooth. The reason you get better gains from Crower or Skunk is because they have more aggressive grinds, so it really comes down to what you are looking for in a replacement cam. The best place to get Crower cams is from Turbo Evolution on www.groupbuycenter.com I got my stage 2's for $595 to the door.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts