Honda Prelude Online banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Lots of info definately, also try searching the N/A forum. After researching the heck out of it I decided to go crower stage 2. First of all, the type SH cam is exactly the same as the base cams.
The type S cam is obviously more aggressive than stock, but probably slightly less aggressive than a Crower stage 1. If you are going to go through the trouble and cash to swap out your cams, you might as well do something that will net you a few more ponies. Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't the type-s cam give roughly 8-10 hp? Crower's claim for stage one is 12-15 and 15-18 for stage 2. Having just installed the stage 2's I will definately have to recommend at least crower stage 1! I'm still breaking mine in (just 50 more miles, guys!!) I can tell you though just the sound of hitting the VTEC lobes makes it all worth it!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thanks

members of this site are the greatest! other sites don't compare.
thanks for the info and suggestions. i have gude cams right now and didn't see any type of gains from stock. i saw type s cams for 350 and was gonna fork over $ for them and forgot about installation costs. thanks

·
1st to make the playoffs
6,531 Posts
I have read many books on H series engines and most if not all books say the type s are the best for our engine. I don't know what they have to say if you go FI but I am sure it would be the same.

·
Premium Member
5,595 Posts
Enhanced said:
I have read many books on H series engines and most if not all books say the type s are the best for our engine. I don't know what they have to say if you go FI but I am sure it would be the same.
type s is a good all around cam, but the crower stage 1 and 2's are going to be tuned a little bit more for topend.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.