Honda Prelude Online banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anybody ever tried to rig up the Type S Active ABS to a USDM Type SH? Definately wouldn't work on the base as it relies on multiple ATTS sensors, yaw sensor being the first that comes to mind. I honestly don't know how much of an improvement this would be over the conventional ABS system, but it's an interesting thought. Would like to hear anything from experience, success or not, cost effective or not.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Not in depth, but it's basically an intelligent ABS system, using real time data to make adjustments to specific wheels not only based on wheel speed vs. vehicle speed as conventional ABS does, but vehicle actual direction vs. intended direction then wheel speed adjusted accordingly. It's intended to improve high speed cornering stability - probably for when you've actually pushed the limits of ATTS and must brake, it still holds a stable on course nature. I'm sure there is a decent amount more to it than this, but this is the basic idea of it.

If I got some facts wrong I apologize a head of time I'm saying right now this is just my understanding not some giant Honda factbook I read out of, so if someone who comes across this has more info/contradicting info please just clarify and leave it at that. I've had alot of people flame on my posts lately simply because I've tried to be open minded about things, so if you don't like to have an imagination go back to the other 250,000 posts you can flame on.

Has anybody who has thoroughly inspected the ATTS unit noticed any unoccupied adaptors, plug ins, anything of the sort?

·
Premium Member
134 Posts
When I heard about this active abs thing I couldn't find any info on it except for a brief mention from honda press releases.

What Iwonder is if the function of the active ABS system is dependent only on the type S ecu, and that there is no additional hardware / sensors compared to what is found on type SH preludes.

But I don't know :(

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Good call, I could see it going off the Type S ECU also, seeing as it's "active" and would require input & adjustments based on that, I didn't really think of that. Unless the Active ABS unit itself has a small ECU. Just a thought though, correct me if I'm wrong, but I think the Type S & SH ECU's are almost identical besides the fact that the S is OBDI. Anybody who has swapped over to the Type S ECU any info you have on the differences would be cool.

·
Registered
13 Posts
The Type S is OBD2 just like all 5th Gens. Also the active ABS comes from the ABS control unit, its there where all the yaw sensors are and i think take the wheel speed sensors from the ATTS too.

In everyday daily driving there is no difference. On a spirited drives is excellent making late corner braking awesome, Also in slippy conditions its very noticable and you can feel the wheel with most grip braking and it corrects ATTS lift off oversteer easily.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts