Honda Prelude Online banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had to get some service done to my SH today so I also decided to have the dealer install my Type S blue valve cover which had been sitting around my room for 3 months. Now I just get a call from my dad at work telling that they could not install it because they said it was the wrong part. I was 100% sure that all Preludes valve covers were the same no matter JDM or USDM, am I correct? If yes then what else could be the problem.

·
Premium Member
13,632 Posts
Did they say it was wrong because there was a little stub sticking out in the front right corner??

Some have this....some don't.....people who DID have it just shaved it off.

------------------
AOL IM: Joon525

[email protected]

·
0 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by 99LudeSH:
I had to get some service done to my SH today so I also decided to have the dealer install my Type S blue valve cover which had been sitting around my room for 3 months. Now I just get a call from my dad at work telling that they could not install it because they said it was the wrong part. I was 100% sure that all Preludes valve covers were the same no matter JDM or USDM, am I correct? If yes then what else could be the problem. </font>
What exactly is wrong with it? BTW, it's an Accord SiR valve cover. The Type S valve cover is red.

The blue valve cover has a small flange or something on it that needs to be shaved off. No big deal, really.

------------------
Billy
North Texas Prelude Owners Group
www.ntpog.org

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'm not sure about what the details about the cover were. I was going to talk to them tomorrow. Also I'm not sure if it has that stub. But is that little stub something that only JDM covers come with? Does it serve any purpose in USDM engines? Are there any problems with shaving it off? Thanks for the help.

·
Premium Member
13,632 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by 99LudeSH:
I'm not sure about what the details about the cover were. I was going to talk to them tomorrow. Also I'm not sure if it has that stub. But is that little stub something that only JDM covers come with? Does it serve any purpose in USDM engines? Are there any problems with shaving it off? Thanks for the help.</font>
If I already told you that people shave it off do you think there's a problem????
Just playing man.....just shave it right off and you'll be OK.

------------------
AOL IM: Joon525

[email protected]

·
Registered
610 Posts
The type-S has a red valve cover. The Blue one is from the Accord SiR. Maybe someone sold you a Gen4 valve cover?

------------------
Marshall McLean
97 Prelude SH
<A HREF="http://www.hondaprelude.to" TARGET=_blank>
</A>

My Home Page

·
Registered
800 Posts
Ok here's what I think the deal with the little nub on the Accord SiR vavle cover is all about.

here is a pic of it on the SiR

In this pic you can see that the alternator wiring coming over the vavle cover is bolted to that little nub. The block for the SiR is different (not an H22A it's an F20B) so there is obviously no spot on the F20B block for a hole for the alternator wiring cover to screw into so it's on the valve cover instead. I don't see how you could get a real SiR blue vavle cover without that piece.

Gabe

------------------
97 Prelude
see it here:Hondaprelude.com

·
Registered
957 Posts
mine fit with no problems:

------------------
Steve
2000 Prelude SS
"Mugen Equipped"