Honda Prelude Online banner
21 - 22 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
you could try fuse #13 in the dash, but that fuse protects the "switch" so i'm not sure if that's your problem

there's also #39 under the hood, but it's a relay specifically for ur turn signal/hazards

what did you do recently that would cause them to go out?
Im having the same problem checked both relays and the fuse under the hood and dash, i was screwing around with my headlights putting in HIDs and there was a loud pop that had happened and now my signals dont work, my hazards work just fine

·
Registered
3 Posts
After pondering through dinner (BBQ hamburgers, mmmmmm) about what could cause the diode to possibly go bad, I feel I should add one more thing. Honda probably didn't use a high-current capacity diode since all that wire needs to do is energize the flasher coil (milliamps of current) and high-power diodes are expensive. IF that is the case, then any short circuit after the diode would cause the diode to burn out long before the 15 amps needed to blow fuse 13. So if your diode does turn out to be bad, it may possibly have been burned out from a short circuit somewhere. If your hazards work OK, then the only place I can see that a short could still exist would be on the red wire connecting the diode to the combination light switch. So check that wire for any continuity to ground before you put a new diode in there. Since you replaced the switch, I wouldn't expect any problems there.
I ha have a 97 prelude automatic transmission and would like to know where would the VSS location be and the TCC torque converter clutch.. those are the two codes that the OBD2 read when I hooked it up

21 - 22 of 22 Posts