Honda Prelude Online banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i looked and couldnt find anything about this...

well..
i feel dumb for asking this,
but how is a turbo set up if its just the turbo and no intercooler, no piping, ect.

·
Unregistered User
4,287 Posts
i looked and couldnt find anything about this...

well..
i feel dumb for asking this,
but how is a turbo set up if its just the turbo and no intercooler, no piping, ect.
You should. Just a turbo with out anything won't do anything for you. If you were to get a turbo manifold and bolt it up you'd get a turbo spining but the air just dumping into the engine bay.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
well i just dont mean the turbo only..
like if i get a turbo manifold, downpipe and the turbo.. thats all i need right?
later i can add the intercooler and bov ect... right?

·
Lurkist
4,861 Posts
:laugh:

You might as well throw the turbo in the trunk and leave it. It'll give the same amount of hp.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
if you say that then your also saying a stock turbod car... the turbo does nothing?

the 1.8t jetta has no intercooler.. no bov.. ect..

·
Lurkist
4,861 Posts
Also, I don't have a pic of it, but the stock BOV for the 1.8t is made by Bosch.

You have to have a BOV in order to relieve the boost pressure, otherwise the car will continue to build boost until something breaks.

So, in a roundabout way, I'm saying you need to put down the crackpipe.

·
Unregistered User
4,287 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Wow. honestly I don't know much yet and I'm still learning ****, and just because I don't know something doesn't mean you guys have to be assholes.
Thanks.

·
Lurkist
4,861 Posts
You are quite welcome. And have a lovely day!

Next time, try spending some time in the FI forum.

·
Lurkist
4,861 Posts
Seriously. Any ebay $500 turbo kit is a piece of ****.

If you want to build a reliable turbo setup for your Prelude, you'd better plan on spending thousands of dollars and hundreds of hours in research, assembly, and tuning. It's not just something you throw together in a few hours.

Again, you need to spend some serious time researching in the FI forum.

·
Lurkist
4,861 Posts
well thats why im asking..
I don't know much.. just want some direction..
I'd say step one in turboing your car is to buy another car, because a daily-driven turbo car is going to cause you to become friendly w/ your public transportation system.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts