Honda Prelude Online banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have an F22A1, and am now planning on boosting it. i read on honda tech that a 1g DSM manifold will fit if it is re-drilled. what else will i need to complete the turbo system. do i use the DSM side mount intercooler, or get a front mount? also,will aftermarket DSM manifolds fit, or just the stock ones? if i get a front mount, then will i need a BOV flange to be welded on? where would the flange need to be at. i am pretty noob on aftermarket turbo kits. would i be better off just getting a manifold off of f22parts.com? thanks, and help would be nice.

·
Premium Member
740 Posts
Buy a manifold MADE for the F series. Get a front mount. If you are new at boost then but a complete kit with the inectors, fuel management, manifold, intercooler, piping, turbo and oil lines. Buy aftermarket gauges, mounting pod, turbo timer, DEI header wrap for some protection, a BOV and then find a reputable shop to install it for you. That is honestly the easiest way if you dont know too much yet.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
im just noob at what parts, i am very familiar on how they work and install becuase i work on my g/f's WRX. i cant afford a kit right now, so i was going to piece it togeather and get it running then upgrade over the summer. will i need anything else then this: manifold, turbo, oil send & return lines, FMIC + piping, BOV, wastegate, downpipe, fuel rail, 255lph pump, bigger injectors, fuel pressure regulator, turbo timer, and manual boost controler? what gauges should i get? and what is a nice mid grade fuel management system so use. i cant afford AEM EMS for a year or so, but i think i saw a greddy somthing for around $500?

·
Premium Member
740 Posts
AEM EMS is worth every penny. If you can get that then you wont need to get a boost controller because it has one built in. Anyway, you wont need a fuel rail or pressure regulator but you will need fuel management. Keep in mind you will have to get it tuned if you go standalone.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts