Honda Prelude Online banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This question may seem like it's overkill, but has anyone ever used a piggyback like greddy e-manage ultimate to tune a stock engine? If so what benefits did/would you reap? I have a completely stock 2001 SH. I want to pass emissions inspections, and retain my use of atts, that's why I've considered the e-manage ultimate. If it would make my engine smoother, gain a little better gas mileage, then it might be worth it, especially if I want to do some N/A mods down the road. Any input welcomed.

thanks
Chris

·
I'm white
10,561 Posts
^yes it will always help.

It's just seen as a fair chunk of money for so little. Normally people would like to mod a bit before they get their stuff tuned.

It's kind of like (and this is a bad analogy) making the icing w/o the cake. Yes, the cost down the line for a "tune up" on the tune is cheaper but it is just a more logical step to save it to the end.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks peter, that does make sense. I don't plan on doing much more than euro-r intake and cams, then maybe p&p of the head. I don't like the sound of any of the aftermarket exhausts I've heard except the mugen twin loop and it's seems pricey. But if it made my car run better, and improved fuel efficiency even slightly, then it would be a benefit, especially when it came time for mods.

·
I'm white
10,561 Posts
^well a good tune is probably $600 + (depends on the rates). This isn't some little vafc tune.

I could be vastly wrong on the price but I think that's what it was going to take at least on my crome p28. That's alot of gas money :)

If you are going to do those mods, a good will def. help and smooth everything out.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Thanks peter, that does make sense. I don't plan on doing much more than euro-r intake and cams, then maybe p&p of the head. I don't like the sound of any of the aftermarket exhausts I've heard except the mugen twin loop and it's seems pricey. But if it made my car run better, and improved fuel efficiency even slightly, then it would be a benefit, especially when it came time for mods.
I felt the same way with exhausts but I bought a apexi n1 and kept the silencer in and its pretty quiet. Just thought I'd share.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The tune being the price of the dyno and the tuning tech being 600+, or the price of the management system/cables

1 - 7 of 7 Posts