Honda Prelude Online banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
when the car is warm it starts up no problem. when it is warm outside my car will fire right up. but when it is winter and its cold out my car will take longer than usual to turn over. it can take up to 5 to 10 seconds for it to start. when normally its almost instant.

anyone have any idea what causes this?

any help is greatly appreciated

·
Vroooom
633 Posts
could be two things... your battery or your starter. When it turns over for 5-10 seconds, does it turn over slow? Batteries have what they call "cold cranking amps"... as batteries age, these amps diminish and can have a harder time getting the car started in cold weather

·
Registered
98 Posts
could be two things... your battery or your starter. When it turns over for 5-10 seconds, does it turn over slow? Batteries have what they call "cold cranking amps"... as batteries age, these amps diminish and can have a harder time getting the car started in cold weather
Ya my car blows in the winter to. It's kind of scary isn't it? But don't worry, all cars hate the cold...well except for my neon r/t, not sure why but that bastard still starts right up lmao. But anyways, Ya could be the battery, or the starter doesn't like the cold. It has been one bitter winter here in NY....

1 - 3 of 3 Posts