Honda Prelude Online banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone, I had a recent transmission, engine and clutch swap. The replacement engine and tranny were from a 68k mile donar and the clutch was new. After about a week of normal driving, I started hearing what sounded like a drag in the clutch area. I contacted the mechanic and he said that it was more that likely the transmission main bearing and to send the tranny back for a replacement. Well, I thought that it may have been and improper clutch install but I moved on. A couple of days later, the car started making a louder grinding noise and eventually shut the engine down which may have been due to friction. The engine still starts fine but after about one minute of idle, it will be forced to shut off. Also, while pushing the car while in neutral, it drags due to either the engine or tranny/clutch. Please forward any thoughts. I'm not sure if I need to have the same mechanic repare the car. Thanks.

·
Registered
20 Posts
did you ever bring it back to the mechanic? if not you should go back to him, he's the one who installed it correct? Was the donor car wrecked? Did you guys break the engine and tranny open to see if they were good parts BEFORe instillation?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts