Honda Prelude Online banner

21 - 40 of 68 Posts

·
Type SH'in...
2,229 Posts
Ugh scrolling by, the concept looks so much better.

The nose on this thing just looks weird.
Also seems as though they took the design language and tried to force-fit it onto the dimensions/platform of the RC Coupe.

If accurate, this car seems to have went from an Asian Viper to an Asian Mustang.

·
Type SH'in...
2,229 Posts

·
Registered
1,799 Posts
It's an interesting time for the Jap manufacturers; the NSX seems to really have a lot of praise going it's way, the Supra really will have to be something special. $100k for a Honda or Toyota? :nono:

·
Type SH'in...
2,229 Posts
I hope this car doesn't just become a weighty hybrid alternative to the RC-F or LC500.

At this point, the dimensions to look more RC than LC, so if it's going to cost over $60k, not sure it's a worth going for over an RC-F (assuming you must own a Toyota product). Sure there's the 'Supra' nameplate, but then the RC-F has the Lexus thing going for it.

·
Registered
1,799 Posts
sick of hearing about this thing for the past 5+ years and little to show for it, I'll believe it when I see it.
It's team fortress 2 all over again.

^wasn't original NSX about that price :)

Again I hate concept cars because they show what could have been.

Indeed it was but back then supercars weren't all that great. Honda presented something crazy and reliable to the masses. The new NSX has some top end Hybrid tech in a actractive/well priced package.

The 100k car bracket is awash these days, back then, was it maybe Ferrari, Lambo and Porker?

·
I'm white
10,561 Posts
^agreed. I guess nowadays we have hellcats with 700+ hp for 70k USD.

Sucks now it's going to take about $300k to get a real supercar. One of these days...

I actually do like the LC500 and RC-F from Lexus.

I told myself when I retire I want something mid-life crisis-y but seeing my parent in laws buy two new lexus's as their retirement cars and being at the dealership made me think again. Lexus does know how to treat it's customers and make good reliable cars.

·
I'm white
10,561 Posts
^^Lol my mom did the same with a GS. It was kinda sad when she said this is the last car she'll ever get to drive.
DAmmit matt don't make me cry.

Yeah parent in laws bought a LS for mom and GX for dad. It's crazy they didn't even really want to look around. Like it the competition had to be 2x as good as the lexus for them to consider it.

Man we went off topic in OT :)

21 - 40 of 68 Posts