Honda Prelude Online banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
702 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well as winter was rolling in last year some as*hole through a egg at my door while it was parked on the street and it ate away at the paint. So today i decided to touch it up since there were a few black spots where the paint had come totally off. Now it looks 100x worse. It just made it look like total as*
Is there anyway to remove the touch up paint layer? That would fix it and bring it back to before? If you have any information or suggestions please feel free to reply. Thanks.

·
Texas
734 Posts
sorry i was wondering the same thing...i touched up the curb scuff on the back of my bumper and now it looks like i took white out and went over it...ARGHHH!!!! whenever i get enough time i'm going to repaint that entire back bumper

·
Registered
1,369 Posts
hehe.. the idiot at the honda dealership gave me PREMIUM WHITE touch up paint for my 2000 Premium PEARL white car... i figured this out after one of my friends said.. "hey the colors don't match".. time to go buy some new touch up paint.

remember to use really thin layers.. i used like 10 layers to finish one of my dings..

you could try rubbing compound.. but i doubt that will work.. sorry no help.

------------------
<A HREF="http://www.bjunkyard.com" TARGET=_blank>

</A>

·
Registered
1,883 Posts
yeah i ****ed up my paint too..lmao...ive heard buffing is the only way but its dangerous (could **** up ur whole paint job)

------------------
>1999 Sanmarino Red LX-V6 Accord Coupe
>'Jackass' on Accord Forum
>Aftermarket 1 touch Moonroof
>V1 Radar/Laser Detector, Concealed Display
>215/55/16 Dunlop SP9000s(Now on!)
>Stock EX-V6 Wheels
>Viper Alarm/Remote Start/Keyless Entry

·
Registered
702 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
argh
Yeah touch up paint is just...

If i dont figure out something, or no one knows a solution i'll take it to my body shop tommorow or something and see what they have to say.

[This message has been edited by Lude182 (edited April 25, 2001).]

·
Registered
49 Posts
try scuffing it with a scuff pad (not too rough maybe 1000 grit) and polish and buff it out. thats what i would do. theres always a way to blend it in.

·
Registered
295 Posts
awhile back i bought something called the blob remover. it removes the paint blob. i tried it and yes it removes the paint blob but it leaves the paint looking dull. if you really want to buy some i can go to my garage and see what its called. but i really dont recommend this product.

·
Registered
825 Posts
touch up paint dont work for me either

------------------
KQ
98 Pearl White SH
92 Baby Blue S (sold)

·
Registered
698 Posts
Try Turtle Wax Bug and Tar Remover...
its excellent stuff, I scewed up on a touch up job, and I bought this stuff like a week later (paint was totally dry)...and the blobs came off with just a bit of delicate rubbing

Its also really good for getting black soot off the bumper from the exhaust....
I highly recommend the stuff

·
Registered
214 Posts
Just in case you guys with the touch-up paint didn't already know this, don't, I repeat, don't use the brush that comes with the paint. It's waaayyy to big and it blobs out, as you may have found out. Try using a toothpick. Just barely dab the toothpivk tip into the bottle and then barely touch it to the touch-u spot. It takes a few more applications this way, but at least it looks alright (I won't say it looks perfect, but it's not bad).

------------------
2000 5-speed Prelude
Nighthawk Black Pearl
Momo Alumsport shift knob
Iceman Competition Intake
Mugen cat-back exhaust
Mugen headers
AEM underdrive pulleys

·
Registered
702 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Well i took it to the body shop to ask them they other day. He gave me a nice lecture (INFORMATIVE!) about how to apply it. Rest your hand on something to keep it steady and use a match tip. It absorbs the excess paint so when you dip it in its easier to apply since a whole glob isnt on there, but doesnt leave you with very little paint that wont make much of a difference. Anyways, i showed him my accident. He started going on how factory paint works and how its not the traditional air dry etc and what the clear coat does. Said that other stuff from a spray can, paint brush, touch up paint, etc, all air dry and will be removed with paint thinner, unlike the factory coat i have. He comes back with a low concentrated paint thinner, and wipes it right off. No harm to the paint at all, due to its type but takes the touch up paint right off. Then i soaked it down with water to get the paint thinner residue off.
Success.

[This message has been edited by Lude182 (edited April 27, 2001).]

1 - 11 of 11 Posts