Honda Prelude Online banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4,600 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My Helms manual is not in my hands at the moment, and in order to install my upper right control arm w/ ball joint, I need to know the torque specs for the two bolts in the back of the control arm, as well as for the ball joint castle nut. Can any of you be of assistance?

Thanks!
J

·
Premium Member
3,739 Posts
22 lb-ft on the rear nuts

torque castle nut to at least 29 lb-ft, then continue to tighten untill slot and hole are alligned. Do not tighten past 35 lb-ft.

·
Registered
4,600 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
red92s said:
22 lb-ft on the rear nuts

torque castle nut to at least 29 lb-ft, then continue to tighten untill slot and hole are alligned. Do not tighten past 35 lb-ft.
Thank you, thank you, thank you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jason

·
Premium Member
3,739 Posts
Doubtful, it would probably just be a PITA to get off again.

·
Registered
4,600 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
If all goes well, I'll be replacing it tomorrow, after work. FINALLY, no more popping. After that, I'll take it to get it looked at by an alignment shop, as my car's had a left pull for 3 years, and nobody can figure out why. I'll probably just replace both tie rods...good idea or not?

J

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
You mean the radius rods? The Rods that go from the lower control arm to the Engine support beam? Those can cause hella alinement issues. If you think they're bent, I'd replace them. I have an extra set.. from my old lude, if you want 'em let me know.

·
Registered
4,600 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
prelude styl said:
You mean the radius rods? The Rods that go from the lower control arm to the Engine support beam? Those can cause hella alinement issues. If you think they're bent, I'd replace them. I have an extra set.. from my old lude, if you want 'em let me know.
Are the rods you have in good condition (i.e straight)? If so, how much woudl you want them for, shipped? I probably need to replace everything in the front suspension anyway, hehe.

J

1 - 8 of 8 Posts