Honda Prelude Online banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,739 Posts
A spark plug socket makes things easier as well.

·
RHD Club
2,240 Posts
6-pack? whoa i think 2 is a lot at most.

Here is how you do it if you don't have that special socket. Loosen the plug and lightly push the plug wire back over the plug. then pull the plug out of the whole and it grabs your plug too. Putting them in, just put a piece of tape on the socket and the plug so it holds the plug in the socket, put it in the whole and give a few turns by hand, etc and your good to go.

·
Premium Member
123 Posts
Yes anti-seize is important. Also a torque wrench would be good, but it's fairly expensive if you don't have one. It's not worth buying one just for a spark plug change.

·
RHD Club
2,240 Posts
96LudeSR said:
Yes anti-seize is important. Also a torque wrench would be good, but it's fairly expensive if you don't have one. It's not worth buying one just for a spark plug change.
Hey thats -5whp for every 1ft-lb over or under / plug! :D

Yea finger tight and a 1/16th of a turn.

·
I'm white
10,561 Posts
if you do decide to get a torque wrench........make sure its the right one.......cause i have one that is for 20 ft/lb +

you have to get one that uses smaller ft/lb

and or just read the instructions on the box........iirc on ngk's it says handtighten and then like 1/2 or 1/4 turn

·
woop woop!
3,697 Posts
The good ol' regular car manual just tells you to give it a good quarter turn once it makes contact with the cylinder head hehe.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I know this thread is hella old, but there is some horrible info here. If you use NGK spark plugs (like what came with your Prelude from the factory) never use anti seize on them. You don't have to take my word for it, but you can take NGK's.
I have never used anti seize and have never had a problem. Torque to the right settings and you are good to go.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts