Honda Prelude Online banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Time to put some new rubber on... I was wondering if anyone replaced their tires yet? I'm sticking with the stock SH rims, so I need something that would be OEM sizes. I'm looking at the dunlop sp 9000's? Any good? Any recommendations? Also, anyone know of a good tire shop in jersey? Thanks guys.

·
Registered
4,530 Posts
FYI - What I have been doing recently is reading the tesimonials for each tire at Tirerack.com. If you choose a specific tire and read more about it, there are links to compound information and testimonials from users of that particular tire. I have actually learned a lot about certain tires and how customers liked them.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That's why I picked that one
the feedback on that site is very informative. I'd just like to find out how the tires feel on a lude, and how much I should be spending.

·
0 Posts
I have a set of 225/45/16 Yoko A520s on my car right now. Good tires, and the 225s look really aggressive.

Where are you located?

------------------
Billy
North Texas Prelude Owners Group
www.ntpog.org

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'm in New Jersey... Based on feedback found on tirerack... seems like a lot of people aren't too crazy about them. I'd really love to get some sp 9000's tho.

·
Registered
6,314 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by WhiteTypeSH99:
Time to put some new rubber on... I was wondering if anyone replaced their tires yet? I'm sticking with the stock SH rims, so I need something that would be OEM sizes. I'm looking at the dunlop sp 9000's? Any good? Any recommendations? Also, anyone know of a good tire shop in jersey? Thanks guys.

</font>
I'm running the Dunlop W10 225/45/16 on factory SH rims lowered about 1.75" and they fit fine. On full lock turns at slow speed theres a slight rub on the front driver side inner fenderwell but that's it. I hear the SP9000's are amazing but a few people say their response isn't that sharp because of the deep treads. I'd like to try them for my next tire but in the 17" I want to go to there not available.

As for good tire shops in NJ I couldn't help you none of them impress me.

·
Modding never ends!
2,492 Posts
Check out the ratings for the Pirelli 7000SS. The ratings are pretty good. I am in NJ as well and I find the dry and wet grip to be better than stock for a lower price. Can't beat it. Only real high performance tire for all season.

·
11,003 Posts
although running 225's on stock rims isn't recommended, there are quite a few of us doing so anyway--including myself.
i'm on Sumitomo HTR-Z, 225/45 on stock rims. they're very sticky, no squeal, and very good in the rain as well. they are *summer* tires, but i've had them on since last fall, and you know how much snow we've had in the tri-state area.... well, long story short -- i'm very satisfied.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts