Honda Prelude Online banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6,314 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK so now that I'm about 88.3% set on my rims
I'm trying to figure out if I can get a set of tires that might be a tab bit lighter to make up for the rims being a bit heavier then I wanted. I'm assuming that 215/40/17 will be the best fit for a set of 17*7 with a 45mm offset...? Anyway does anyne know the weight of any of the 215/40/17's on the market?

·
Registered
164 Posts
How heavy are you rims??? not sure but the difference of weights in the tire's isnt going to make as much difference as how good the tires are and how they grip to the road
but im no expert on the subject heh.

·
Registered
4,185 Posts
hehe, yeah and if anyone know of lightweight tires available in 18" sizes, let me know. Do they even make lightweight tires?

·
Registered
1,979 Posts
thatpreludeguy:
i realise this is Totally off topic, but i just wanted to let you know i'm getting my thermal exhaust installed this thursday.

i went and looked at the pipesand muffer/tips this weekend and i must say... WOW. thats one finely built monster. it came in AWESOME packaging, and looked SO SHINY!

·
Registered
6,314 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Lude Brotha:
How heavy are you rims??? not sure but the difference of weights in the tire's isnt going to make as much difference as how good the tires are and how they grip to the road
but im no expert on the subject heh.
</font>
Well the rims I want are 22lb in 17" and although it's only a bit more then my factory SH wheels it's still more. I'm thinking about holding off again til I really find something I like and it's lighter. I don't want to slow the car down anymore.

JKOC: Cool! My Thermal came in a box that was trashed..thanks UPS
I'm still trying to get my AEM pulleys back in so I can do a before and after dyno of the Thermal.

·
Premium Member
3,621 Posts
Toyo Proxes FZ4 in 215/40/17 weighs ~21 lbs.
Yokohama Paradas in 215/40/17 weigh the same ~21 lbs...

Andrew

·
User Account Disabled
5,736 Posts
Some guy awhile back posted about the A520s (215/40) weighing 2 lbs less than bridgestones(can't remember what kind) of the same size.

·
used to sell mix tapes
5,446 Posts
the stock tires weigh 21 lbs.... which is pretty decent for that size.

i doubt you'll find a tire for your 17s that weigh any less, especially if you're trying to keep the speedo accurate. what rims are you getting? perhaps there are similar ones that are lighter.

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by THATPRELUDEGUY:
Well the rims I want are 22lb in 17" and although it's only a bit more then my factory SH wheels it's still more. I'm thinking about holding off again til I really find something I like and it's lighter. I don't want to slow the car down anymore.

JKOC: Cool! My Thermal came in a box that was trashed..thanks UPS
I'm still trying to get my AEM pulleys back in so I can do a before and after dyno of the Thermal.
</font>

1 - 8 of 8 Posts