Honda Prelude Online banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
used to sell mix tapes
5,446 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my left rear tire, which appears to be on it's last legs (as with the right rear) is making a sort of ticking sound as it goes around. it's similar to what you'd hear if there were a small piece of duct tape stuck on the tire.

i've looked it over and other than not having much tread left, it looks normal. is there some feature on some tires that makes an audible sound as they get fully worn, similar to brake pads?

i really can't see anything new in the rubber or tread pattern.

this is a 245/40/17 BFG GForce T/A KD with somewhere around 8000-10000 miles i guess, on an s2000.

·
Tyler
501 Posts
Check out BFG's website see if they have info on what you're talking about. It might be the case that they are fully worn...

When you look at the tires are you jacking the car up and looking at it completely? There might be a piece of rubber hanging or whatnot. Good luck with that.

·
Drives a used Dodge
7,733 Posts
well tires have wear bars when you start getting near the end of the tires tread, I do not know if they make noise, they probably dont. But I think its more of a visual check for wear. One time i had a small rock stuck in my tire and it made a slight ticking noise, popped out the rock and it was gone :confused:

·
Boost Withdrawl... :(
6,152 Posts
usually when its a noise like that its a pebble or something...give it a once over by taking off the tires and inspecting them

1 - 5 of 5 Posts