Honda Prelude Online banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I do professional detailing on some very expensive cars. I am looking for a tire shine product that wont brown the tires after it wears off. My customers want that deep black shine but it browns the tires a week later, which isnt good! could you guys help me out?

·
Premium Member
1,796 Posts
I use STP foaming tire cleaner. It doesn't leave a shine like the oily products, but it leaves the tire a nice satin black.

·
Boost Withdrawl... :(
6,152 Posts
well Meguiars for me doesnt leave it brown, what leaves it brown is the fact that i live on a dirt road:mad: but when i go to NY they dont get brown unless i curb em

·
Registered
960 Posts
well the fact that the tire goes brown has to do with the tires sidewall for some reason. Its not that the product isn't doing its job its something that I totally forget now. I used to detail and I was told be one of the pro's we used to cut and buff police cars
that its the breakdown of the rubber or something related to science or physics:confused:

·
Premium Member
1,796 Posts
I believe it has to do with products that are petroleum based. The oils are absorbed by the rubber and slowly break it down and discolor it

·
Roar!
665 Posts
I've used meguiars for over a year, no browning at all.
Great shine too.

I had armorall before and my tires got really ugly brown.

·
Registered
381 Posts
I don't think it's because the product is discoloring the tire. I believe it is because the tire shine really absorbs all the dirt and makes it stick to the side wall. Then when all the shine evaporates/flings off it leaves the dirt on there. I can usually get it of with some spray nine and a stiff brush.

·
6,152 Posts
^^^bingo, i noticed this when i did a lil experiment....ok check it out.....

in PA i live on a dirt road and when i wash my car and i shine my tires they get brown from the dirt and all disgusting...

now i went to NY and i washed the car there and did the tires and stood there for a week and they stayed shiny, no brown.....

·
Premium Member
1,002 Posts
in PA i live on a dirt road and when i wash my car and i shine my tires they get brown from the dirt and all disgusting...
try black magic tire foam,my dad works is construction like areas,and before I applied it to his tires,they were a complete light brown color,its been maybe 2 months so far and the tires still look good,I missed a spot when I sprayed it and I just used that spot to compare the before and after

·
6,152 Posts
hmmm i used to use that back in NY.....lol

·
Premium Member
1,002 Posts
did you use tire spray or tire foam?I still have some tire spray from different brands which I dont use because they turn the tires brown after a week,the tire foam works really well though

1 - 11 of 11 Posts