Honda Prelude Online banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
11,003 Posts
it really depends on how hard you drive your car. i had mine changed at 70k miles; when my mechanic took it off, the belt snapped like a toothpick...
mine belt was very worn already because i drive my car fairly hard. i'm not trying to scare you but the suggested 105k by the manual is just ridiculous.

------------------
------------------

OG H-A Member
1997 San Marino Red SH
~scratch here, ding there. Sigh...~
AIM: imagepree

·
Registered
6,314 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by imagepree:
it really depends on how hard you drive your car. i had mine changed at 70k miles; when my mechanic took it off, the belt snapped like a toothpick...
mine belt was very worn already because i drive my car fairly hard. i'm not trying to scare you but the suggested 105k by the manual is just ridiculous.

</font>
Are you serious? Man I had planned to wait until 70k as well but I drive my car very hard so I guess that's not the best idea. I think I'll just check it at 50k and go from there.

·
Premium Member
9,091 Posts
All depends on climate and your driving. You should inspect it around 60k and then go from there. A "so-so" belt will have cracks on the inside, running laterally(perpindicular to the teeth). A BAD belt that needs to be changed immediately will have cracks on the outside and edges.

My '89 Si went until 130k miles before changing... looked like it had a little more life left in it before it snapped. I'd suggest a change regardless at the 105k miles mark, though I would inspect it earlier to be safe.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts