Honda Prelude Online banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
On the 2nd Prelude
1,757 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm now fairly sure at this point that I've skipped a tooth somewhere on the timing belt. But I need someone whose car is running well to confirm that I'm indeed off.

I need someone to line up the cam gears with the valve cover (lines horizontal, arrows up, cylinder 1 TDC position) then check the timing mark on the flywheel through that little hole. then tell me if the pointer points right DEAD NUTS on the line, or if it's off. make sure you visually line up both pointers. if it's off, by how much?

The timing mark looks kind of like a "--+--" type of deal, and mine is pointing just outside the little "plus" when the cams are lined up. Have I found my problem? Car idles rough, at the right RPM but rough. lost a little power, and it hesitates sometimes in random spots. it also seems like it's running a little hotter then it used to.

·
On the 2nd Prelude
1,757 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Oh yeah, and it sounds weird. kind of like a diesel engine. compression numbers are good too.

Think I'm a tooth off?

·
Registered
928 Posts
sounds like you are definateltly off at least a tooth maybe more what exactly is the problem when you line up flywheel how far off is the cam timing? and are the balancers lined up?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts