Honda Prelude Online banner
1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
ASE Master Auto Tech.
Joined
·
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got ticketed today for $40 by the MD state police for "driving vehicle on highway while improperly displaying white light to the rear."
At first she told me the aftermarhet lights where illegal, but I told her that the lights had the DOT stamping on them, which they do!
She claims that on the outer edge edge of my lights, need to display RED. She is technically right, but she really wrote the ticket wrong. The edges of my lights are actually side markers. I never switched the clear bulbs for the crappy red ones that came with the lights. I guess I need to now!
It just pissed me off!

I asked if I switched the bulbs to red ones if that would be ok and she agreed.
What a *****! Like the MSP have nothing better to do than ticket me for my Altezzas.
:mad:

Anyway, just giving a heads up to anyone else out there who may have the same thing.

Dodgetech
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
777 Posts
its that way in VA too, if you just have the bulbs correctly usually the police wont bother you, but everyso often you'll run into a bored cop. I switched back to all OEM lighting just to stop getting attention for the exhaust and excessive drop
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,177 Posts
How can they write tickets when they come stock on altimas and lexus's!?!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,423 Posts
Fast&furiuslude said:
How can they write tickets when they come stock on altimas and lexus's!?!
Because the altimas and lexus have the correct lighting on them. Altezzas arent illegal as long as they comply with the lighting statutes.
 

·
Unregistered
Joined
·
4,055 Posts
its about time somebody takes charge to correct this growing problem ;)
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
2,906 Posts
lol yeah when I put my Altezzas on I had to get the red bulbs for sides...but it is back to stock amber-cleared taillights for me ;)
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
7,134 Posts
Dodgetech said:
I got ticketed today for $40 by the MD state police for "driving vehicle on highway while improperly displaying white light to the rear."
At first she told me the aftermarhet lights where illegal, but I told her that the lights had the DOT stamping on them, which they do!
She claims that on the outer edge edge of my lights, need to display RED. She is technically right, but she really wrote the ticket wrong. The edges of my lights are actually side markers. I never switched the clear bulbs for the crappy red ones that came with the lights. I guess I need to now!
It just pissed me off!

I asked if I switched the bulbs to red ones if that would be ok and she agreed.
What a *****! Like the MSP have nothing better to do than ticket me for my Altezzas.
:mad:

Anyway, just giving a heads up to anyone else out there who may have the same thing.

Dodgetech
Yes, she was technically right. That makes her right.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
4,089 Posts
Dodgetech said:
I asked if I switched the bulbs to red ones if that would be ok and she agreed.
What a *****! Like the MSP have nothing better to do than ticket me for my Altezzas.
:mad:
maybe the MSP are tired of seein cheesy ass altezzas too :laugh: :p ;)

she's right tho, the sides gotta be red too, so since you have the correct bulbs, put them on an be done w/ it. if I do something illegal an get ticketed, then I've just gotta deal w/ it since I brought it on myself ::shrug::
 

·
EEEWOK!!!!!
Joined
·
1,246 Posts
G_Loc said:
its about time somebody takes charge to correct this growing problem ;)
:laugh: :bigthumb:

I had the ugly clear rears on my car for 2 days.:eek: I am really suprised I didn't get pulled over. Just take em' off and you won't have to worry about it ;)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,600 Posts
Man, that's crap. As long as you have the amber turn signal bulbs, it should be no problem. It sounds like the East Coast pigs are trying to out-do the West Coast pigs in combating a silly "problem." Cops can't crack the real criminals, so they have to write tix for things like tail lights...lame.

J
 

·
RHD Club
Joined
·
2,240 Posts
yea i have those cheezy lights too, and iam clear/white all around, but on my sides right behind the back wheels are red bulbs.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,600 Posts
I got a fix-it ticket here in SoCal a while back, b/c I kept the stock clear turn bulbs in when I switched out to my c/f altezzas, and they were VERY bright, so I could see why I was pulled over. Now that I have my ambers in, I never have problems. One cop did look for the DOT information on my headlights, though, and I have JDM 1-piecers, so he almost busted me for that. It's just a game you play, and a risk you take to enjoy what we do.

J
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
65 Posts
Funny how people disrespect cops, and call them pigs. That is until they need them. Say somebody breaks into your home, do you call for a Police Officer or a "pig". Face it! You were breaking the law and got caught. Deal with it. To many police officers have lost there lives in the line of duty trying to help and save other people to be disrespected like that.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
95 Posts
Yeah I gotta agree with MCgranman. I think its funny you got a ticket. But yea that sucks you got a ticket, the Racing Gods have it in for you since you have altezzas :p
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,600 Posts
mcgranman said:
Funny how people disrespect cops, and call them pigs. That is until they need them. Say somebody breaks into your home, do you call for a Police Officer or a "pig". Face it! You were breaking the law and got caught. Deal with it. To many police officers have lost there lives in the line of duty trying to help and save other people to be disrespected like that.
I don't know where you live, but in SoCal, I've NEVER once benefitted from a cop's help. I respect them and their line of work, but for the import community, I'm not all about what they do. You know what? I serve my country, and I run the risk of getting spit on daily where I live--so don't run your mouth about respecting people in the line of duty. I defend the right of our people to burn our flag, and I do that w/o regret or complaining.

Suck it up,
J
 
1 - 20 of 46 Posts
Top