Honda Prelude Online banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
240 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need to get a new set of street tires for my upcoming rims and I'm considering getting the Falken Azenis RT-615's. I'm currently running the old Azenis RT-215's and as most of you know they aren't very good in wet conditions, especially standing water but boy do they grip the road when it's dry.

I've read that the new RT-615's are much better in wet conditions over the preceeding RT-215's.

I would just like to hear your opinions of the tire.

My other choices are Goodyear Eagle F1, Yokohama Advan Neova AD07, or BFGoodrich g-Force T/A KD

·
Offtrack excursion expert
6,762 Posts
^I'm looking at similar tires for the Z. 13k and she already needs new rubber... :jape:

I was also considering the Goodyear F1 GS-D3 and BF Goodrich g-Force T/A KDW-2's. The new Falken's I didn't even think of until this thread. It needs to be good for daily driving wet and dry, maybe half-a-dozen auto-crosses and 2-3 track days.

·
former luder
719 Posts

·
Drew
880 Posts
615's are fine in the rain if they have decent tread depth. When they get low on tread they get worse, but thats the same with the Hankooks. They arent near as stiff in the sidewall as the old Falkens, but have a better compound, so they are actually a smidge faster around the auto-x course than the old, even though they have less transitional response.

They will be the next set of streets I put on the S once I burn off these Bridge-craps.

·
Registered
52 Posts
I have them, but i dont drive my car in the rain :rolleyes: They grip really well in the dry though, but im sure u know that. My only complaint is that they throw rocks up at my car like hell. I'm assuming its because of the soft compound.

·
Premium Member
240 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
TypeSHLuder said:
My only complaint is that they throw rocks up at my car like hell. I'm assuming its because of the soft compound.
The falken rt-215's did the same thing...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts