Removed Resonator
DC Sports Ceramic Headers
Rear ST Sway Bar
JRSC sitting on garage floor
Trying to sell my 17" SSR's

·
used to sell mix tapes
5,446 Posts
are the headers your only performance mod? they probably aren't adding much, so i think 160 is pretty reasonable for a 98! a bit low i guess, but the heat would make a small difference.

just put that JRSC IN!

·
Registered
1,463 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
THe HP seemed okay..but the torque levels seemed awfully low...

It could also be due this being my fourth run, as the computer was having difficulty with the first three runs. Maybe elevated engine fluid levels contributed to this... *shrug*

Yeah...headers and removed intake resonators (still stock filter!) are my only engine mods...

TWO MORE WEEKS UNTIL JRSC!!!

·
used to sell mix tapes
5,446 Posts
and thats a 97... seems like all the dynos are pointing to 165 for a stock 99+ and 160 for a stock 97-98, whether or not it's base or SH.

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by jmcn:
My stock SH was 159.6 and 133.3 at 62 degrees in 3rd gear.

</font>

·
Registered
2,896 Posts
dude that aint that bad!! with all my mods i got 154hp and 125tq

------------------

Crystal Blue 99' SS Lude (born on 7/1/99)~when i got it
PERFORMANCE MODS:
-AEM CAI (silver)-DC Sports CC 4-2-1 Headers
-Tanabe Racing Medalion -UR pulleys SS (3 piece)
-Apexi V-AFC -Autometer A/F gauge -Autometer EGT gauge -zex kit w/ plugs running 55 shots -NOS purge kit *no more performance mods will be added*
NON-PERFORMANCE:
-Panasonic CQ-DF800U
screen name: CBFORMULA

·
Registered
285 Posts
I feel your pain. I'm in Ft. Lauderdale, and the summer hell hot months are around the corner. Time for the car to get sluggish.

------------------
Life begins at 5,000RPM

·
Premium Member
3,621 Posts
Your plot shows SAE corrected data. The SAE correction already accounts for temperature, humidity, elevation, barometric pressure, etc. Temperature would only really be a factor in the data from your runs if it was *not* corrected.

But again, it's still not really accurate to compare data from two different dynos. You can't compare your numbers to someone else's from a different location. But now you have a great baseline for when you dyno again after that supercharger is on...

Also, you said you had a 152hp/126lb.ft run in fourth gear... What gear was the plot you posted in? When I did baseline dynos, I did one in 3rd, and one in 4th. The one in 4th was actually marginally higher on my car...

Andrew

·
Registered
233 Posts
Um, why are you upset that your dyno was 152HP when after your SuperCharger install you'll be crankin' over 200HP? Think of the cup as half full my brother and not half empty.

------------------

·
Registered
1,463 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Sorry guys, forgot to mention: this one was done in third.

aklucsarits: I was expecting what happened to you, but for some reason fourth ran marginally LOWER (i can see why, of course, due to a taller gear, but i've heard/seen of others posting higher readings with 4th gear) than third gear.

H22A VTEC: The more i make now, the more i make when my car's blown! 'Nuff said

------------------

'98 White Prelude
Neuspeed Race Springs
Koni Adj Shocks
Neuspeed Front Strut Bar
Removed Resonator
DC Sports Ceramic Headers
Rear ST Sway Bar
JRSC sitting on garage floor
Trying to sell my 17" SSR's

·
Registered
713 Posts
I feel for you... temps in AZ here get to 110-115 regularly in the summer...

·
Registered
810 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by aklucsarits:
Your plot shows SAE corrected data. The SAE correction already accounts for temperature, humidity, elevation, barometric pressure, etc. Temperature would only really be a factor in the data from your runs if it was *not* corrected.

But again, it's still not really accurate to compare data from two different dynos. You can't compare your numbers to someone else's from a different location. But now you have a great baseline for when you dyno again after that supercharger is on...

Also, you said you had a 152hp/126lb.ft run in fourth gear... What gear was the plot you posted in? When I did baseline dynos, I did one in 3rd, and one in 4th. The one in 4th was actually marginally higher on my car...

Andrew
</font>

Exactly - that's what I was going to say. Your graph is SAE corrected so it doesn't matter what temp. it was outside! I put down 177 whp and 150 lb/ft on atomic's dyno.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts