Honda Prelude Online banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i take my SS lude from 1st gear too like 25mph and then 2nd till like 65mph or so, feels like its doin this in 6 or so seconds, fast as hell too feel anyway. i also sometimes will be in regular automatic mode going like 45mph, i can drop it too 2nd and zoom from 45mph too 65mph or so fast as ****. my rpms geting up too like 6500 or so . would keep doing this really wear the crap out of engine and tranny or is this fine too do? i figured tranny all computerized and if it was bad it wouldnt let me do it. i just did it a few times, but so fun.. zoom zoom =) lemme know thanks

·
Registered
4,185 Posts
It wont wear out your engine, your tranny may be a differnet story.....?

ray

------------------

www.importheart.com
Whos your DelTapywa?
I got these Jammies.

·
Registered
4,814 Posts
dude, if your tranny didn't give u problem so far, i doubt it will give you any, anytime soon...
My SS tranny is 97 with 38k on it, and it feels smoother now

------------------

·
THE LONELY MONK
6,005 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by joedaddy:

</font>
Wow..Joedaddy hardly drives huh? I have a 98 and i got 44,000 miles.

--Sam

------------------

With Great Powers Come Great Responsibilities--Never Underestimate the Power of the VTEC

G

·
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by DYI01:
what do u mean... so u take first gear to 25 mph, i can redline mine at about 40 mph.

</font>
Yeah ... I was gonna say ... I can hit almost 80mph by the redline of 2nd! ;-)

------------------

*These RIMS are FOR SALE!*

·
Registered
200 Posts
...by 3rd gear i'm hittin 115...

Bought 1999 Prelude in November 1998:
43,XXX miles

·
Registered
4,814 Posts
seriously, don't you guys think the transmission got a little smoother with age?
I feel like the shifting is so much smoother and stuff...I drain the ATF every 15,000 miles or so during a oil change... and i think that helps it a lot

------------------

·
Registered
200 Posts
no doubt, the sporshift is much more liquid when shifting. I want to feel the difference soon when i put the Apexi or Fields controller on...Dan...hehe

·
another SS->5spd!
1,373 Posts
I have 89k with my SS and am running on my 3rd transmission. I knew my first tranny replacement was due to manufacturer's defect, my 2nd tranny made squeaking noise after a 30k or so.
I am now having another problem with my tranny, my shifter is stuck at N so I could not shift up to R and P. I'm not sure if it's the tranny or other things that is causing this.

Anyways, I'll bring my car to the dealer sometime this week for answers.

·
Registered
702 Posts
Mind yer own business sam

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by checkmate58:
Originally posted by joedaddy:

</font>
Wow..Joedaddy hardly drives huh? I have a 98 and i got 44,000 miles.

--Sam

·
Registered
285 Posts
I agree. I have found that my SS is much smoother now, then when I bought it. I only have 6,000miles, but when I bought the car, I thought the SS sucked, but now I'm pretty happy with. I drive it hard all the time.

------------------
Life begins at 5,000RPM

·
Registered
25 Posts
Yeah, you should be fine. I have a 98 with 44k miles and drive it hard and havn't had any problems yet. I have noticed that it has smoothed out with more miles.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts