Honda Prelude Online banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
399 Posts
15k or less? what are you on? i got mine for 18k a little over a year ago with 30k miles on it. I'd imagine it would go for between 17-19k. Remember these things are 23 or 24k brand new.

------------------
1997 Prelude SH
Eagle F1 tires
Iceman CAI,
cleared side markers
Cleared signals
JDM fogs
Clifford G4 alarm

·
Premium Member
3,936 Posts
Yea I'd have to think a 97' would cost a lil more than $15k

From what I've seen, base w/ avg. mi go for about $16K, and the SH would be about $2k extra. Of course there are some very good/bad deals out there as well.

Gen 5- I think ur SH deal was pretty good, low mi and SH for $18k is about right.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
thanks. yea it's 1976. I am waiting to hear from my insurance for them to tell me that my blazer is totalled out. I was thinking about getting a prelude, or an integra. not too sure yet. thanks for the help.
-Steve

·
Registered
800 Posts
Hey is your name really Steve Austin or are you just a huge wrestling fan? www.stonecold.com

Anyhow I'm going to have to agree with thewedge. I bought my 97 base almost 2 years ago for $17K with 30K on the clock (it was very very clean too). And SH should be maybe a grand or two more so I'd say it should be in the 15-17K range.

Gabe

------------------
97 Prelude
see it here:Hondaprelude.com

·
Registered
2,053 Posts
You guys are too young to know who the REAL Steve Austin was. Test pilot.

...we can rebuild him. we can make him better than he was before. better. stronger. faster......

THE SIX MILLION DOLLAR MAN!!!!

------------------
My new mechanic

·
Banned
2,048 Posts
Because Stone Cold said so!

now if I never watch another minute of wrestling, it'll be too soon. :p

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Pete:
You guys are too young to know who the REAL Steve Austin was. Test pilot.

...we can rebuild him. we can make him better than he was before. better. stronger. faster......

THE SIX MILLION DOLLAR MAN!!!!

</font>

------------------
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by atlxchink:
When I try to picture o0OO0o as a moderator, the image of Beavis hacking away at the keyboard comes to mind </font>

·
THE LONELY MONK
6,005 Posts
Get a base..my friend got his 97 prelude for 18,000 2 years ago...they should be around 15-16 now...just look around for a good price.

--Sam

------------------

With Great Powers Come Great Responsibilities--Never Underestimate the Power of the VTEC

·
Registered
1,714 Posts
Got my '97 base 5spd. w/ 46k miles exactly a year ago for $17,000. So I think $16,000 in similar condition wouldn't be too hard to find. I've seen a couple '97 autos with higher mileage with $15995 on the window around my area.

[This message has been edited by gLudeous (edited April 26, 2001).]

·
Registered
76 Posts
Got my '97 base 5spd w/30K on it for about $18K a year or so ago. Shop smart (shop S-Mart) and you should be able to find one for near $16K.

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
depends on the mileage and coniditon of course. some people will ask for high and some people will ask for low.

remember, resale also depends on where you live, what region. notice how used cars are priced like crazy in new york and los angeles, but a comparible car won't go for as much in tennesse or something.

anyway, you should be able to find one for 15k. though it has high resale value, a 97 lude is already 4-5 years old.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Got my '97 with 17k miles for $17,400 back in October of '99. Got in in great shape, too... can't imagine 17k better spent. I love the damn thing too much.

·
Registered
2,053 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by checkmate58:
Get a base..my friend got his 97 prelude for 18,000 2 years ago...they should be around 15-16 now...just look around for a good price.

--Sam

</font>
...did somebody say....BASE!?!?!?

·
used to sell mix tapes
5,446 Posts
did somebody... set up us the bomb!!!

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Pete:
...did somebody say....BASE!?!?!?</font>

1 - 20 of 24 Posts