Honda Prelude Online banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
9,412 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
http://www.geocities.com/joon525/Mov00282.mpg

This might not work but I'm going to try this anyway...

Right-click that link and "Save target as..."

I recorded this off of THATPRELUDEGUY's car today. I hope this comes out.

(by the way this recording is in mono)

------------------
AOL IM: Joon525

[email protected]

[This message has been edited by Joon525 (edited March 25, 2001).]
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,672 Posts
what did u use to record this?

analog camcorder? digital?

typical cassette recorders dont pick up anything below 250-300Hz so you'll miss some of the low end sound.. i wish i had a minidisc recorder.. those things would probably reproduce most accurate 20-20000Hz.



[This message has been edited by jkoc (edited March 25, 2001).]
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
9,412 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by jkoc:
what did u use to record this?

cassette recorder? minidisc?

typical cassette recorders dont pick up anything below 250-300Hz so you'll miss some of the low end sound.. i wish i had a minidisc recorder.. those things would probably reproduce most accurate 20-20000Hz.

</font>
A Sony DSC-S50 digital camera.

It sounds a bit better in real life. It's NOT farty to me at all when you're next to it.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,672 Posts
yeah youre right... it sounds somewhat farty.

i'm hoping its because its missing some low end sound due to recording unit or mic.

damn i already have it on order and put down a deposit.

dcsports sounds even more farty imho. i guess thermal is an improvement.

anyone know of an exhaust that sounds like the clip that plays when you enter this site:
www.spoilersto.com
?? i really like that growling sound.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
10,378 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by jkoc:
yeah youre right... it sounds somewhat farty.

i'm hoping its because its missing some low end sound due to recording unit or mic.

damn i already have it on order and put down a deposit.

dcsports sounds even more farty imho. i guess thermal is an improvement.

anyone know of an exhaust that sounds like the clip that plays when you enter this site:
www.spoilersto.com
?? i really like that growling sound.
</font>
it did lose some lower frequencies... in person, it sounded much better than that.

btw, that exhaust sounds like a flowmaster or borla.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,672 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Joon525:
You know what? Your speakers at home connected to your computer probably can't reproduce ANY exhaust note accurately.

That thing is not tinny..trust me.
</font>
i dont think so... i connect my computer sound card to my mini system which also has a sub woofer hehehe... it turned off all the equalizers so i get the flattest unbiased sound from the source. still sounds somewhat farty heh
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
9,412 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by jkoc:
i dont think so... i connect my computer sound card to my mini system which also has a sub woofer hehehe... it turned off all the equalizers so i get the flattest unbiased sound from the source. still sounds somewhat farty heh</font>
Keep in mind my camera ISN'T going to record a broad range of frequencies.....and its MONO sound.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,672 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Joon525:
Keep in mind my camera ISN'T going to record a broad range of frequencies.....and its MONO sound.

</font>

its a digital camera... should be much better than analog recordings. guess it really depends on the camera's sampling rate

also, mono is sufficient -- dont need two channel stereo to listen to exhaust sound.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
12,947 Posts
Hey guys,

Yeah the clip is off from what it sounds like. Sound is a real funny thing, something as simple as where Ray was standing with it could affect the sound. Also like someone else mentioned getting those deep sounds ... say under 500 Hz might have to do with it as well. It really has a nice tone and it's NOTHING like a Civic
I know I'm a bit biased because afterall it's my exhaust but I still think it sounds pretty sweet and not too much more intrusive then the stock system. I guess when a few others have it, it'll be easier to believe.

Thanks for taking the clip though Ray!
 
1 - 20 of 38 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top