Honda Prelude Online banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Chevy 350 swapped Prelude
3,152 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
https://news.yahoo.com/walmart-retreat-guns-means-woke-180903943.html

I think the most shocking part of the article for me is this:
In an article last year about Walmart’s corporate turn to the left, Walmart officials cited marketing data indicating that the overwhelming majority of Walmart customers wanted it to “take a stand on important social issues.”
I can't believe so many people want their favorite stores to share their political views.

I come from a background and time that I used to think I shared with a lot of people. You never ask people to share political views.

I don't care or want to know what the stores I shop at thinks of my religion, or relationship, or kids, or guns. I really don't like this whole thing where companies feel the need to share their feelings and change business practices because of completely isolated events that they had no real impact on--besides maybe a link using the "butterfly effect". But that's a really stupid reason to change multi-million/billion dollar business practices.

We need better background checks, but I don't know how to stop the kid who is mentally ****ed and gets into his innocent dads small arsenal(of which most were bought before the kid was even conceived) and kills half of his class. :shrug:
Can that be stopped?
Yes, but only by ignoring the people who conduct mass shootings--I believe these mass shootings are snowballing because the media is eating this **** up and the people conducting them KNOW they'll get a ton of attention if they commit...

Disclaimer: I do not own guns or ever care to. Everyone has a hobby and mine is cars. I see guns as a hobby, and I'm not interested.

·
I don't believe in Titles
3,078 Posts
Perhaps like most people they feel that thoughts and prayers aren't enough either.

You have to start somewhere, it's foolish to think any one thing will curb this epidemic isolated to 'Merica.

·
SuperMod
7,962 Posts
You vote with your pocketbook. That's the bottom line. In a world of big business relying on consumers, consumers can influence big business politics.

Background checks don't mean diddly squat if you can't keep your stuff locked up. Get a locker, bolt it down, keep the key safe.

·
Drives a used Dodge
7,733 Posts
See what happened to Dicks Sporting Goods when they decided to stop selling "AR style" rifles? Their stock and sales sucked

same pointless logic, they should stop selling gasoline too

https://babylonbee.com/news/walmart-discontinues-sale-of-auto-parts-to-prevent-car-accidents

Walmart Discontinues Auto Part Sales To Prevent Car Accidents
September 3rd, 2019

BENTONVILLE, AR—In a bold move intended to curb the thousands of deaths from vehicles each and every day, Walmart has decided to stop selling auto parts, sources confirmed Tuesday.

According to shocking reports, people have purchased car parts at Walmart and then those cars have been involved in accidents, proving a direct correlation between selling auto parts and causing deaths.

"We can no longer be complicit in an industry that kills over 3,000 people a day," said a spokesperson for Walmart. "Every time we sell a muffler, steering wheel cover, or flame decal, we are potentially causing the death of a person, and we cannot support that any longer."

"It's clear that bad drivers and poor road conditions don't cause vehicular deaths---cars do."

Walmart executives said they are beating themselves with a stick to atone for the deaths they've already caused.

"Our consciences will only be clean when we've been mercilessly beaten once for each of the millions of deaths that have been caused by automobiles since Walmart began selling auto parts," said one executive before solemnly beginning to beat himself with a baseball bat.

·
Drives a used Dodge
7,733 Posts

·
BB6'n till R34'n
6,083 Posts
Walmart not selling handgun ammo isn't something I care about. I use their app to order Rotella T6 and that's about it.

The panic about gun violence is just that, panic. If folks cared about savings kids they would focus on things that kill far more kids. This just has better news spectacle surrounding it. Hundreds of kids blown up by USA's foreign bombing every month? Two thousand killed in swimming pools per year? The huge amount of American's killed by diabetes per year? Nah, let's focus on something statistically irrelevant.

Virtue signaling FTW.

·
Registered
10,400 Posts
I see Walmart still sells alcohol though... Then again, Walmart makes a ton more profit on alcohol sales than ammo so there's that, "social issues" and "taking a stand" notwithstanding.

That said, I don't know hardly anyone that buys ammo at Walmart...

·
BB6'n till R34'n
6,083 Posts
I see Walmart still sells alcohol though... Then again, Walmart makes a ton more profit on alcohol sales than ammo so there's that, "social issues" and "taking a stand" notwithstanding.

That said, I don't know hardly anyone that buys ammo at Walmart...
I use my own artisan sustainable single origin boutique gmo-free 9mm. https://photos.app.goo.gl/NqJ3hXZfa7M2y4Rv5

·
Drives a used Dodge
7,733 Posts
biggest challenge is finding a worker there walmart that has the key to open the ammo case so you can actually buy it after 15 minutes of waiting.

·
Registered
1,799 Posts
Those two URLs are massively out of date though and even on them, in what you'd class as educated countries America ranks pretty badly. Just the 2019 numbers are crazy: https://www.gunviolencearchive.org/

I'm very thankful I live in a place where mass shootings are more or less unheard of. US gun laws and the NRA to the rest of us seem absolutely crazy but thoughts and prayers make it all ok.

·
BB6'n till R34'n
6,083 Posts
Those two URLs are massively out of date though and even on them, in what you'd class as educated countries America ranks pretty badly. Just the 2019 numbers are crazy: https://www.gunviolencearchive.org/

I'm very thankful I live in a place where mass shootings are more or less unheard of. US gun laws and the NRA to the rest of us seem absolutely crazy but thoughts and prayers make it all ok.
I do like how folks cherry pick the data though. Ignore all the countries with extremely rampant murder since they aren't 1st world countries with nuclear arsenals.

·
Drives a used Dodge
7,733 Posts
2018 is massively out of date? That Lankford study keeps getting parroted by anti gunners but when people ask where he got his data to review it, he refuses. Curious as to why?

by ignoring 3rd world county gun violence, its an admission it that its not because of guns, but culture. Since its so peaceful in Africa, Middle East, and Central America.

Im thankful that mass shooting is an extremely rare cause of death even in the US. The vast majority of gun violence that happens everyday here are from gang members fighting each other.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts