Honda Prelude Online banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3,082 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here:

http://honda-acura.net/forum/Forum12/HTML/010191.html

I thought you guys may have some comments to do with this!

Sean

------------------
"drive fast, be yorself, and party till she's cute!

Originally posted by some canadian guy:
Like I said, Road trip - baseball bat

Originally posted by malken00:
Everyone has their own opinion, even if they're wrong.

·
Registered
11,003 Posts
i don't really care for that word... really. my motto is "hey, it's your car... not mine. i don't have to like what you do to your car." if in fact, it is *rice*, fine. then it is, that's just my opinion.

blah blah... can't even explain myself.. never mind.

·
Registered
1,158 Posts
yes the word "RICE" is getting way out of hand. People use the term way too much and for the wrong reasons. It does get very annoying. I NEVER really ever said that word b/c it just sounds stupid saying it. I just say its "UGLY" or whatever. oh well..its no big deal....it will die out sooner or later.

·
Premium Member
7,514 Posts
Whenever I talk to my racin buddies, rice rarley refers to the stupid stickers on the car. It more often refers to the stupid people behind the wheel who dont know anything about driving, mechanics, and like to think up a bunch of stuff on thier own to justify what they did to their car. They are also bandwagon people. They also think that dragging is the most sophisticated racing form out there....... I get this all the time from mustang guys, vw guys, porsche guys, bmw guys, alpha guys, but at least they know that Im not ricey with my degree in engineering, nicly modded lude, and love for solo II and I racing and lack of yet to goto the drag strip...

------------------
If you only knew the power of the Lude...
'98 Red Base Prelude
"Straights are for fast cars. Turns are for fast drivers." - SCCA Solo2
AEM CAI, APEX-i VAFC, Neuspeed Ft Up Strut Bar, 28 mm Neuspeed RR Sway Bar, Neuspeed Sport Springs, Koni Yellows, and SH RR Deck installed. Shock knock cure done. Installing Quaife ATB Differential.

·
Crunk + Hyphy = Sam
4,989 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by imagepree:
i don't really care for that word... really. my motto is "hey, it's your car... not mine. i don't have to like what you do to your car." if in fact, it is *rice*, fine. then it is, that's just my opinion.

blah blah... can't even explain myself.. never mind.
</font>
Are you still drunk from last night?

SAM

·
Premium Member
4,329 Posts
Rice this rice that, I'll never stop pointing it out when it needs to be said. (I wonder how "Mr. Rice Advisor" will feel about this...
)

------------------
Prelude forum moderator
Prelude FAQ
AIM: jmcn97
'97 Prelude Type-SH

'96 Integra GS-R (R.I.P.)
jmcn.com

·
Registered
825 Posts
i like mine fried

------------------
KQ
98 Pearl White SH
92 Baby Blue S (sold)

·
Registered
836 Posts
Theres gotta be some rice in all of us!
I like eatng rice with my dinner...without it..It just doesnt feel right.

·
Registered
2,053 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by notbaddd:
why's the word "rice" used? why not "toast" or "bagel"?</font>
I think it goes back to the days when Honda motorcycles were just becoming popular in the U.S. Harley-Davidson devotees were calling Hondas "Rice burners." Soon, ANY Japanese motorcycle was known as a "rice burner."

Considering what a piece of $hit the Harley was, I'd consider it a compliment.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts