Honda Prelude Online banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I talked to my dad after dinner and he told me i should do mostly exterior mods first. With that advice i think i will be getting a wings west body kit, 17-19 inch alba,oz,or giovanna rims,aem cold air intake/exahust/pulleys and possibly a high flow fuel rail. And i will be getting a sound system. For those of you who think that i will be jumping into this head first you couldn't be more wrong because i have been looking into aftermarket parts for about a year since i first started driving. So what do you think of the mods and do you think a supercharger whould be a good investment? thanks for any responses i get

·
Registered
2,152 Posts
forced induction is NEVER an investment my friend lol. It just means you'll have to work and spend more to play more. i don't think 19s would be good on a prelude. I would opt for 17s or 18s if you are into that sorta look. I don't even know how 19in would fit... have fun though

*insane jealousy* for having so much money!!

·
Registered
2,896 Posts
first of all, dont get the fuel rail. wont do anything unless ur gona go pretty heavy in mods. second, base all ur decisions on what to get on whether or not u will go FI. if u do, THEN u should get ur i/h/e and other bolt ons according to your FI's needs. and if uve been researching and learning for a year, shouldnt u already have a good idea what u want by now?

·
Registered
188 Posts
if i were you i'd do a search on pulleys and read the posts about them that have been made in the last month or so, theres some pretty good information going around about them. but if you're thinking about getting a supercharger then i would say definitely don't get underdrive pulleys

·
Premium Member
13,632 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by brandnewluder:
I talked to my dad after dinner and he told me i should do mostly exterior mods first. With that advice i think i will be getting a wings west body kit, 17-19 inch alba,oz,or giovanna rims,aem cold air intake/exahust/pulleys and possibly a high flow fuel rail. And i will be getting a sound system. For those of you who think that i will be jumping into this head first you couldn't be more wrong because i have been looking into aftermarket parts for about a year since i first started driving. So what do you think of the mods and do you think a supercharger whould be a good investment? thanks for any responses i get</font>
How much have you been looking into this? Alba wheels SUCK. Fuel rail???....WHY?

SUSPENSION FIRST....can never go wrong here.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
i thought i knew what i wanted before but now i am thinking about possibly going to the track? Before i just wanted to have good acceleration off the line street racing type thing. But now i may want to do some 1/4 mile. DO you think track is to abusive on a car to be a daily driven also?

·
Premium Member
13,632 Posts
i thought i knew what i wanted before but now i am thinking about possibly going to the track? Before i just wanted to have good acceleration off the line street racing type thing. But now i may want to do some 1/4 mile. DO you think track is to abusive on a car to be a daily driven also?</font>
Going to drag strips will definitely be more abusive as will autocrossing. PERIOD. But it's fun.
I personally perfer autocrossing especially after today being my first attempt at it. But getting back on track.....there are people on this board who take their car to the drag strip and use the car as a daily driver. It's totally possible to use the same car for both but there's no way around the drag strip being more abusive. Keep in mind if you mod your car far enough for the drag strip you're probably NOT going to use the car as a daily driver at some point. In my opinion if you want straight line acceleration you should've gotten something else. I'm not saying the Prelude is impossible to be built as a drag car but there's a reason why you don't see many as drag cars. If you're going to drag it you're going to spend a lot of money....just ask VeeTec.

------------------
AOL IM: Joon525

[email protected]

·
Registered
2,896 Posts
i thought i knew what i wanted before but now i am thinking about possibly going to the track? Before i just wanted to have good acceleration off the line street racing type thing. But now i may want to do some 1/4 mile. DO you think track is to abusive on a car to be a daily driven also?</font>
hmm.. your other thread has people questioning the fact that u uploaded that pic 6 months ago but u said u jsut got it and what not... then i thought about how u researched all this for a year or so and its pretty evident ur new to all this.

so all i gota say for now is just keep it real with everyone. cause further down the road, people wont like u much here after they figure out ur lieing and stuff.

anyways, back to your quote.. ur kinda not making sense with your abstract use of the word "track". u said u FIRST wanted just accelration, BUT then u wanted to do 1/4 mile? 1/4 is all about acceleration. call this "drag strip". the "track" is usually referred to as auto-crossing (think gran-turismo). since u got alot of money and seem pretty serious about modding and make ur car a "project car", which is it u really want?? its hard to have a car for both drag and track, though its not impossible. unless ur not that serious like most people here and just dont mind having some power and better handleing.. but then everything goes back to step one when u said ur dad wants u to keep in the exterior range for mods, which excludes all kinds of serious bolt ons and FIs.

like Jun said, if ur planning for just using the lude for dragging, i also agree that u should have gotten a different car... say Z28 and have even more money left just to make it go really really fast STRAIGHT.

as of now, i really dont know what YOU want as your goal...

[This message has been edited by Ng Luder (edited April 22, 2001).]

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.